Newbie!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey folks, I'm new here! Excuse the essay.

I've struggled with my weight since I was a child, I've been on every diet, fitness programme, lotion and potion under the sun and even a weight loss camp when I was 12/13! I am 25 now and after failed surgery I am wanting to lose weight without leaving any scars. My gastric band didn't do the job and left me with horrible sickness and reflux to the point I couldn't even have fluids and I was taken to hospital and I had it removed sad

Long story short I get married in ten months and I need to shift the blubber. My Dr has put me on orlistat as a last stitch attempt and if not it'll be back under the knife which I don't want sad so far so good.. No accidents yet but I am terrified of that as I have a busy job and it'd be very embarrassing if something happened!

Could people give me their stories on how they have found taking this please? I apologise for the long winded post! X

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I, like you have struggled most of my adult life with my weight. I used to be able to drop half a stone without even thinking much about it but in recent years (since turning 40) I have found the weight is just piling on. I am 5'6" and have usually hovered around 11stone but recently have shot up to 15stone! sad 

On 17th August 2017 I decided enough was enough and I no longer wanted to be a 'fat lass'!! I visited the docs and he prescribed Orlistat and 12 weeks at Slimming World. I have stuck rigidly to the diet this time and am enjoying copious amounts of food and the odd G&T/Vino when I feel the need!

I am half way through week 3 and have so far lost 1stone and 1/2 lb!!!! I am delighted. 

Right, side effects - I have not had any embarrassing toilet moments and flatulence is minimal. I am sticking to a very low fat/high protein diet so presume this is helping.

However, my bowel movements are much more frequent than before - 1-2 visits per day! 

I am combining the eating plan/Orlistat with regular increased exercise (4 early morning gym sessions per week) and at least 2 ltrs of water with Fresh Lemons in it. 

Positives - Weight loss/increased energy levels/clear skin condition and I am now sleeping like a baby! 

Overall I strongly recommend this drug and would suggest if you stick RIGIDLY to a health & fitness programme you will see results very quickly.

Hope this was helpful x 

• Posted

hi there, i also started orlistat and also weight watchers and combined i am seeing results. i would say that on their own they do not work you have to limit your caloirie intake, unfortunately their not a miracle pill ( i learned the hard way)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.