Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.. just joined.. in my search for info on Orlistat I discovered this forum.. 

Seen lots of positive and helpful posts on here with some amazing weight loss stories..

Stood on the scales at the docs on Tuesday and it went off the scale.. (they went up to 23 stone).. I knew in my heart that would probably happen.. so here I am!

Just completed my 2nd day on Orlistat (so far so good!).. fingers crossed they are going to work.

I have spent 19 years neglecting me while raising my son.. now is time to sort me out! 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It WILL work Elizbeth! Just keep with it. Did your Dr manage to get your starting weight in the end? It would be a shame if you didn't know how much you have lost on your first weigh in. 

I'm a big girl too. The weight comes off quite quickly if you have a lot to lose which is very satisfying :-) 

Good luck X

• Posted

Hi Lily,, thank you.. 

No, she didnt get the actual weight.. we where in a room in the surgery that isnt used very often and it was an old set of scales.. I would say I was about 24 or 25 stone.. Hope to get myself weighed sometime soon somewhere else.. 

• Posted

hi im new here too , ive been on them 3 weeks im desperate to loose weight . elizbeth did your doc give you much info on orlistst i didnt get any and the leaflet was no help xx good luck xx  p.s im 19.2 stone  so i would like to loose at least 4 stone xx
    • Posted

Hi KerritefordX 

No, no info really just the warning of what happens if you eat the wrong stuff..  Good luck with your weight loss! 

• Posted

Hi

They worked for me i started out as a size 24 and a year later am a 12 but i gave the diet 200% commitment. I have a blog on the tablets if you want it?

Britney

X

• Posted

Hi. I am new here too. I have started Orlistat on Wednesday 27/8/14 and today i stepped on the scale just for curiosity and for my surprise i have gone from 91.7kg to 90.1kg in 4 days. I am really surprised. I have not changed a thing on my diet or routine but i am definitely gonna try a healthier diet as i really want this to keep working and to avoid the nasty orange surprises rolleyes and runs to the loo to avoid accidents. I never thought this would work as i have been trying to loose weight for so long. I have pcos and that is one of the reasons why it is hard for me loose weight. Can't wait for my doctors appt on the 23rd of September to see the results. Good luck on your journey with Orlistat and keep us updated. X
    • Posted

Hi Reid. .

that's a brilliant loss already.. 

I've not been brave enough to stand on the scales since sat.. (I went out and brought some new scales to get an a curate start weight).. 

Diet wise so far so good.. I did eat out on Sunday and had a lovely (very naughty) meal.. but still took my pill and made it through the side affects.. they weren't too bad so perhaps not as bad a meal as I thought! 

Going to try and put off re weighing until Sat. . !

• Posted

Goid luck elizbeth - stick to low fat foods and you will see brill results! Try not to get temped with the scales as you can get obsessive with weighing yourself - I don't have them at home and get weighed with the nurse every. 2 weeks, it seems to work for me  xx
  • Posted

3lbs off in the first week.. which included 2 big meals out and a takeaway..

I am very happy with that! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.