Posted , 3 users are following.

Well I collected my prescription at lunch, all ready to go 2moro morning. Have to say I'm a little bit excited & a big bit scared!! Any final pearls of wisdom before I take the plunge?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hello and welcome to the gang :D

Best piece of advice is if you are not clear of something post on here and someone will come along fairly quickly and will more than likely have an answer for you.

Make sure you have read the information leaflet contained inside the pill packet, drink lots of fluids, make sure you understand the fat intake allowance and know how to read the labels on the food

good luck and look forward to seeing your loss

• Posted

Hi Butterfly......

Suza is right ..... Use the forum as much as you can. I have been doing the tablets for nearly 3 weeks. Weigh day tomorrow - week 3 !!

Reading the forum has been a huge help and as Suza says, people are always really quick to come back with advice or an answer to your questions.

It feels like a little family in here and people are very friendly and helpful - after all, we are alll trying to get to the same thing.

I have not had any of the awful side effects that you hear about - but I have to admit I have been too scared of the possible side effects to even go close to the maximum amount of fat allowance per meal/day.

Good Luck

Clare

Week 1 - 3lb

Week 2 - 1lb (I was disappointed but lots of people seem to have a small loss on the 2nd week

Week 3 - Tomorrow morning will tell me !! I will be here as soon as I have weighed - HOPEFULLY smiling and hoping that my efforts last week have paid off !!

• Posted

Yep, I agree with the others, use the forum as much as you can smile

We're all in it together going through it together, and all at varying stages of taking the tablets, so between us we have a fair bit of experience.

Just go for it! You can do it!

• Posted

Aww thank you all so much for your support & kind comments! smile I really do appreciate it!

I know its going to be a long hard process but I reckon I've got in me smile I've come a long way by myself the last year losing 4 & a half stone but unfortunately I picked up a really bad habit along the way sad So now its time to break the cycle...hence my Doc suggesting this approach.

And I think with the support of this wee family I'm going to do just fine smile

Just a quick question.....does your doc set you a monthly target? My doc gave me a target of 5lb by 22nd March.

• Posted

mine didn't initially but when I went back for my 1 month get more tablets he said he was happy with the loss as all I needed to lose was 4lbs in the month. These tablets are there to train you to eat less fatty things and thus change your eating habits, let your body burn off the fat that is already there and not just from food you intake so slow weight loss is better as it gives your body time to adjust.

I have found that being on these tablets for nearly 2 mths now that I am needing less to eat so assume that my stomach has shrunk a bit which is fine by me smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.