Newbie 2x50mg Quetiapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, im new to Quetiapine and only into my third day, Was on 300mg Venlafaxine but had it reduced to 150mg, I also take Nefopam 60mg three times a day for pain. At night i take Zopiclone 7.5mg to sleep. My question is..Does the out of body experience pass and also i have wrestless legs but take last pill earlier now as it was bad. I cannot think and i feel im lacking empathy. Can anyone shine a light on it please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nathan , I have been on quetiapine for nearly 6 months now in conjunction with lithium . All I can say is starting any new med seemed to heighten my awareness to me mentally/physically and I had to keep telling myself to be patient . 6 months on (100mgs) having reduced from 150 with gp support I can now see how unwell I had been.my gp is fab and insists on seeing me monthly now. The combo of me doing as told !!!! Friends/family , gp and I seem to be coping at work having had 7 months off sick is quite an achievement I think and for me quetiapine is part of my success. Good luck and best wishes  Lynne 
  • Posted

Hey Nathan. I'm new on Q myself.  First pill I took knocked me out. They make me very tired. But as long as I am doing something it stops me nodding off
  • Posted

yes it sort of flattens you. a friend of mine took it. he used to be very of character very vivacious and lively - now its like he is a zombie. he just stares at things...he cant maintain a conversation because he is distracted by dreams/ideas for his work...it got so bad along with the weight gain and sweats he came off them, now he is back to his normal self
  • Posted

Hmmmm.... I found quetiapine reduced restless legs which can be a problem with Zs and/or benzos in the morning. Your meds sound a bit messy. I recently went for a med review and I am on just quetiapine w/ emergency diazepam, however I do not need any painkillers. I would suggest thinking about taking out the Z drug and relying on the quetiapine as the main hynoptic.  Please discuss w/ GP / Cl.Psych.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.