Posted , 5 users are following.

I've not been diagnosed yet but I'm sure that's what my teeth pain is I've got a burning feeling in my back teeth and after numerous dental apps and X-rays the dentist can't find anything wrong I've also had two teeth removed unnesserary I think I've got burning in the tooth all the time any body else get this any help would be very much appreicated thanks 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mine started as tooth ache which I put down to needing a root canal or something but dentist also couldn't find anything wrong and thankfully didn't perform unneccessary proceedures.  It soon escalated to the spasms too though which is how I got my diagnosis from doctor just over a week ago. The meds started working within a day, which I gather is a sign that it is neurological. Definitely get yourself an appointment with doctor.
  • Posted

Hi Newbie

Sorry to here you may have this debilitating problem

I too have had it for 10 years, I had 4 teeth removed unnecessary.

Get yourself to doctor and ask for Lyrica, they are the only tablet that settled it down a little. Day by day is what is ahead for you

• Posted

Yes a doctors appointment is indeed necessary. At the GP appointment it would be wise to ask them for a referral to a neuralogist as this is the way to get a definitive diagnosis and stop having unnecessary procedures. Neurologist is likely to try you on Tegretol first to make sure that its Tn and then move on to other drugs if needed. I would not rely on GP advice only as Tn is rare enough that GPs dont always know enough to help you
  • Posted

Hi Susan91252,

My experience was very much like Aitchie's, except I did have a molar removed unnecessarily after it was root canaled unnecessarily. The endodontist directed me to the right place. I agree, get to the neurologist.

eddie13

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.