Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all just new to the fourm hope evey1 keeping well.! Was dignosed with fibro nearly 6 years ago after my youngest son its a horrible illness to live with and the pain is just everyday it wont go away any help with meds or other therapies would be appreciated thanks. Ange x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi angela60329 welcome to the forum. Your gp should try you on different meds to find what suits you and what doesnt, morphine pain patches lyrica pregablin their are others but cant remeber fibro fog today. some people try herbal remedies accupuncture massage hydrotherapy pilates. fibro affects us all differently so its finding what works for you and suits you and what doesnt fibro is very much trial error with most things.Hope you find something that works for you take care
    • Posted

Thanks very much ive tried everything from kapak maxi tram morphine patches never felt as sick from all the codine so gona give my doc the other 1s u mentioned ive heard a lot of people saying the lyrica has helped them loads have app with doc 2mara so gona ask for them.! Thanks very much for ur advice
  • Posted

also your gp can refer you to apain clinic and cbt therapy x
  • Posted

How old are you? I am 78 and not enjoying my life right now. I hope you do well on the prednisone. I have so much l want to do but unable at this point in my life due to this diagnosis and my inability to get around. My best to you and I pray you respond well to the treatment.
    • Posted

Hi sandra im only 31 with 3 young kids my oldest has disability so hes hard work along with my illness and the depression and anxiety its causing me have to see my doc tomorrow hopfuly get some meds that work for me and help the pain. Hope your feeling a bit better soon.
    • Posted

Feel sorry for you. I'm 43 and I feel very much the same as you. I have Fibromyalgia, Hypermobility Syndrome and Costochronditis. I feel my days are just ebbing away. I'm in sick from work and my mood is low too. Doctor is trying different medication etc I was also put on medication today for high blood pressure....falling to bits 😞
    • Posted

Ack u sound like u r having a time off it god love u.! Its hard to wana get outa bed some days.! Hope ur feeling better soon
    • Posted

I totally empathise with you, I'm the same and it's really getting me down, I can't remember the last time I did anything normal. I am on highest dose of ante depressant and still feel I'm struggling, my family are great, however, I feel guilty because I can't do as much as I used to, some days can't even shower, it's no way to live. Unless you suffer from this disease people have no idea how bad it gets.
    • Posted

Very true, I'm rather low at the moment too. I have recently had blood pressure medication added to my tabs. Some of the tablets to help ease fibromyalgia can make you feel depressed...Gabapentin is one of them. I know that I suffer for so long plodding along until I become mentally and physically drained. I just wish it would go away as quick as it came on. Drs are hopeless they look at you as though your at it...purely because your leg isn't hanging off doesn't mean you can't be in pain. I feel as though my bones feel as though the are rotting strange way to describe I know. The chest/upper back pain from either the Fibromyalgia or Costochronditis is awful. Worrying at times too. Hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Thanks, just trying to keep upbeat, and I'm the same as you, I try to lead some kind of life but getting more difficult, I have a 3 year old grandson and want to spend so much more time with him, but I'm so restricted it's making me frustrated and angry, all I want is to be able to spend time with my family, some people don't know how lucky they are. Thanks for your support.
    • Posted

I have a 6 year old son and a 4 year old grandson and I agree it's very hard to do things some days 😞
  • Posted

So very sorry Angela. Where is your family? I live in America and am 78 years old. This stuff is terrible and I can't image not having any help. The pain medicine does nothing. Are you on any prednisone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.