Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone!  This is the first time I have ever joined a forum.  I thought it may help me to chat with people in the same boat as me. I am seeing my Dr later today to discuss the results of an MRI I had last week.  Fingers crossed!  Had this FS for 2 months now.  I have had a steroid injection but it did not help.  The pain is unbelievable when I catch it in the wrong position!  Also, I am sure my nearest and dearest are sick of me complaining. It's is quite grim.  I am trying all sorts to help manage the condition.  Ice, exercise, etc.  I have found the comments and hints on here really helpful so thank you for sharing. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo-jo,

Sorry to hear about your frozen shoulder. I have it as well, and joined about a year ago, and found the site invaluable. The first 5-6 months for me were the absolute worst. Excruciating pain and no ROM. My husband had to literally help me dress for 3-4 months. Lol. I laugh about it now, but at the time it was more tears than anything else. Frozen shoulder progresses like a bell curve. The way up the bell curve is the most painful (freezing stage, marked by increasing pain and loss of ROM). The frozen stage is at the top of the bell curve (pain and ROM stays the same). Unfreezing is on the way down the bell curve. I'd say I got the unfreezing portion in about 7-8 months (which was about February of this year). Since then my pain has gone down drastically, and my ROM has gotten better. I'm not 100% by any means, but I can do things with very little pain now that I couldn't just 3-4 months ago. Who knew that being able to shave your armpits again would bring so much joy!  smile

Hang in there. It will EVENTUALLY pass.

• Posted

Thank you MomGoneMad and Kelly. It’s good to talk about it quite openly. From my drs visit last week my shoulder is frozen and I also have a tear. Deciding now whether to leave it and see if it gets better on its own (!) or have the op. Exercise in the meantime wakes up the pain. Afterwards it’s like having toothache in your shoulder and arm as I am sure you know. One of my biggest challenges at the moment is my armpit is so sore. No matter what I seem to try it’s not improving. Any tips? Keep smiling everyone xx 
    • Posted

Toothache is a great analogy!  I remember that constant throbbing pain. I used pain patches non-stop. They helped take the edge off. I had a co-worker that was always helping me apply the pain patches on my shoulder. I used to joke she was my own private nurse at work. I also used a lidocaine roll on all over my arm. Bio-freeze is a popular brand, but the other ones work as well. I would look for the ones with the highest percentage of lidocaine. The worst pain peaked for me at about 6-7 months. Stay strong everyone!
  • Posted

I agree with you Jo-Jo.. this site is such a good thing to be apart of. People with FS, or Capulitis ... or any of these types of problems.... have great advice and are such great listeners!

(Although 1or2 of the contributors shouldn’t contribute their ‘opinions’ on how we’re supposed be take the pain, etc etc...you know who I mean).

Hang in their Newbie.... this will get better... sometimes it takes longer, and I hope your doesn’t.  listen to the contributors here!

Lots a really good tips!!

Take care !!

• Posted

Oops! I agree with you Mom Gone Mad.... my bad forgot who had sent the earlier message. Take care to both of you... and everyone else with frozen shoulder!!! Be good to yourselves and ask for help!! Don’t try and ‘do it all’

God bless....

• Posted

Oh ya... and you may have already tried tiger balm. But I swore by it . I lathered on my pain areaS big time. I found that it took the edge off... for a little while... 

just a little tip

• Edited

So glad you have found this site , we need to share our pain!!! Seriously, I have had a FS for 7 months now and the support and knowledge shared in this forum has helped me through the toughest of times. We all sadly know the absolute unbelievable pain FS makes us suffer , it's not just an 'aching shoulder', nor does it go away in a week or so ( so many friends ask 'are you better now' having not seen you for a couple of weeks!) but like others on here I really can assure you it does get better in time. I had 2 hydrodilation injections back in May and within a couple of weeks the pain had almost totally gone . ROM is getting better too, I see an osteopath weekly for manipulation session and whilst that does hurt for a day or so the benefits I'm seeing make it worth all of that ! Do what feels best for you , we are all different and experience this most hateful condition in different ways, but keep up with this forum, it's the best of friends through this! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.