Newbie and confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, newbie here but I've been stalking the forum for a week or so. It's fab to see everyone's success and advice, it's a real motivator!  I'm due to start taking the tablets on Monday and very excited/petrified. 

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but I have a heavy weekend with the girls coming up and unsure what  to do. Whilst Im certain I can resist the fatty food(I've been sticking to less than 5g of fat per 100g and have cut out bread, dairy and sugar since the start of the week and finding it quite easy....so far) I definitely will not be able to resist the vodka and cocktails. Does alcohol ffect the orlistat at all? If i drink Saturday,  start the tablets on Monday will I get the side affects? 

Also, has anyone deliberately brought on the side affects as a sort of pre diet cleanse or is this a totally stupid idea?

Thanks for all the help guys :D 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I will send you my blog. Yep you can drink on the tablets

x

• Posted

Thank you Britney, you are a godsend! Can't wait to try out some of your recipes.

I'm slowly making my way through the entries now but I love the honesty in your 'fashion and a rant' entry, it's so refreshing. One of my biggest pet peeves is plus size women calling themselves 'a real woman' I understand it's a more realistic representation of the body shapes of today (compared to what you see in magazines etc)but I will never understand how being overweight and unhealthy (and being proud of that) makes you more of a woman than a size 8/10. Infuriating! 

Anyway, I'm going to settle down with your blog and start preparing for the journey ahead. Thanks once again smile x

• Posted

Aww Thanks Melanie! glad you like the honesty i know some people might not like it but i have had good feedback so far! let me know how the recipes go and how you get on with your first weigh in.

Yep agree with you there terms i hate are: real woman, big girl, jolly big girl, curvy, cuddly. bubbly, fat chick then there is plus sized - hardly plus size at a size 34 i have seen that one before i could go on.. lol

Your welcome and please let me know how you get on

Britney

X

• Posted

Only just joined the group so not to well informed yet but I'm sure a couple of drinks would be fine good luck  xx mags

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.