Newbie confusion

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've just started orlistat the other day. Have yet to have any disaster side effects but I did have one question.

Oily stool? Is that normal when you are eating things with fat the right way?

I've had mixed info on this from various websites.

Some say you won't have any side effects, such as accidents or oiliness if you are sticking to the correct fat intake for orlistat.

Others say that yes it is normal to have oily stool either way and it's really only the embarrassing accidents that happen if you don't stick to the right amount?

Today I have eaten as instructed fat wise, came off the exercise bike and went to the toilet, noticed I did in fact have oily stool.

Just wondering whether it's fine or not? 

Other than that, so far so good on the side effect front. Do have a frequently rumbling stomach but britneyspears has told me as I have IBS that's normal.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Issues

You WONT have any side effects if you are eating healthy food i don't know what website you got that from but i guess they were probably eating high fat. At the end of the day if you want to test them out i suggest staying in for a few days but the effects are not nice!

x

• Posted

hmm just a bit strange, ate well, ate under the fat intake amount in total, ate under the fat intake amount per meal, still had that!

Maybe it's from the other day or something. I'm not hitting the right amount every day as I'm quite new to paying attention to the fat and i'm currently limited in food in my house. No food shop till Thursday as I am broke haha. But trying to do my best with what I have.

• Posted

Did you have cheese or oil? are you taking any vitamins such as cod liver oil or anything like that? that can cause side effects
    • Posted

I had a wee squeeze of primula? Not taking anything oily stuff or that.
    • Posted

Is primula under 5g per 100g? if it isn't then that would cause it even if it was a small piece and as my blog says you have to eat as though you are on the tablets 2/3 days before taking your first one.
  • Posted

It might be from food you ate before starting the pills if it's within a few days.

I've never had any side effects because I made sure to eat clean for 3 days prior to taking the pills and don't go over x

• Posted

ah right okay thank you smile I will go for full clean eat as soon as I get the chance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.