Newbie-Introduction

Posted , 6 users are following.

Heya,

I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E when I was 14 years old (nearly 15).

Before CFS I was a dancer, I had a lot of friends and I was really happy and bubbly.

I remember the exact moment my first symptoms occured, I was at a Milley Cyrus concert (remember I was 14) and I started flagging and my vision went blurry, I started getting random pains and I felt so week as if I was going to collapse, I had to sit down.

The symptoms were on off since, specifically the random pains,

I was always going to the doctors always going to hospital, I felt like a pin cusion due to all the hundreds of blood tests I had to find out what it was to receive a diagnosis.

I also missed a lot of school as I couldn't stay awake, I would get to point of collapse.

It took almost a year to diagnose me!! What makes it worse is the ONLY reason I had a diagnosis is because one of my doctors had a neice who also suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome!! They had even at one point tried to tell me that it was all in my head and I was clearly being bullied at school (which I wasn't, I have honestly never been bullied in my entire life).

The diagnosis was a relief but at the same time it felt like a never ending nighmare as I was told there is no cure.

I tried everything, I tried a zero sugar, zero dairy diet, I tried hynotherepy, I tried ocupational therepy, relaxation technique, the tens machine (that does help a lot with the random pains), I could go on and on about everything I tried to cure Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E.

Some helped a little but mostly none of them worked.

I missed all my GCSE'S and ended up so depressed feeling like I would never have a career, never have a boyfriend, never be able to dance again. I was heart broken and I struggled.

I just had to manage it as best I could.

I am now 21 years old, I am engaged to be married on the 22nd July 2016 (just over 3 months), I work 11 hour shifts! So I can get 3 days off a week instead of 2 as it benefits more to be at home more frequently and have the extra rest day.

I still suffer with Chronic Fatigue but it is not as bad as it used to be, I have good days, I even get to dance on my good days but I also have bad days, yesterday I left work early as I just couldn't kee my eyes open and the random pains were intense, I felt dizzy, I had blurry vision so I had to go home.

I am very positive about my future, it took a long time but I'm getting there, once my fiancee has finished University (He's studying law), I'm going to re-take my GCSE's and then do a nursing degree.

Some days my Chronic Fatigue makes me feel so low but I don't always feel like that. I try to keep smiling through the exhaustion, the blurry vision, the pains and the dizzyness. I just soldier through as best I can.

Thank you so much for reading xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi XxMashyxX  whenever a doctor tells you something is all in your head ask them if your head is attached to your body?

• Posted

I am certainly not a doctor but I klnow for a fact diet has alot to do with our health.  Carbonated beverages are harmful.  Is there a chance that because you are/were a dancer you neglected to eat the proper kinds of foods and in the right proportions?

Also have you ever been tested for sleep apnea or obstructed airway caused by a soft palate?  Has anyone told you you snore in your sleep?  I wish you all the best and congratulations on your upcoming marriage. 

• Posted

So very pleased that you have come so very far and doing so well :-)

The way you describe "the moment" it all started I've never ever heard anyone say before - but that is how it started with me!  So that is a comfort.  I was 18 then.  Many many moons later it's been very choppy the water but still hoping to improve and get some real life.

Thanks for your encouraging story x

• Posted

my heart goes out to you what with the dr being ignorant. they say if you suffer cfs m.e as a teen you are much more likely to recover than if you develop it later. so i wish you a full recovery. congrats on your future marriage. i wish you all the happiness in the world. ive been told because i have very severe cfs m.e 12 years or more now and bedbound much of that time i wont get any better but i live in hope. its all i can do or i would go mental. im very low most of the time and wanted out but i think thats only to be expected !!  again, all the very best. i really hope you make a full recovery.
    • Posted

Hi Amanda,

Just wanted to say that when I first found out it was cfs/me, I researched recovery and felt quite low about a doctor saying people recover-10, 15, 25 years later. Now, I see this as hopeful. A friends partner had it 10 yrs and is now ok and has been a few years. Don't give up hope. I also spend most of my time in bed presently. I see this as a temporary situation. As horrible as it can be and as low as it can feel, people like us recover.

Best wishes

Beverley

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really do appeciate it smile

Also frank68910 thank you for your suggestions but when I said I have tried everything, I meant it, I tried so many various diets, so many techniques, cutting out certain things, sleep apnea, I literally tried all of it but it hasn't worked. I'm so much better than I was but I do still have really bad days.

I'm so sorry to here that amanda2966 I can imagine how awful that is but always live in hope the doctors are not always right, you always have the chance of making a full recovery I really belive that.

Yeah Haziej I remember the first symptoms, I remember it all so well and it just got worse and worse but finally I started feeling better smile

Thank you again to everyone for reading my post and your support means the world to me xx

• Posted

Probiotic drink kefir had me up and running for a few weeeks and then I went back downhill but not as bad as before.  I still drink about 4 ozs in a smoothie every evening
    • Posted

Yeah I have a lot of smoothies as well.

Some days I'm okay (not 100% but close)

Other days I can barely keep my eyes open I get weak and blurred vison and all the pains. It seams like I'm always going to be up and down, good days and bad but I'm so thankful for how far I have come and I wish everyone else all the health and support, I hope everyone ends up with a success story.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.