Newbie....needing some help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, My name is Jen, I am 43yrs old and was diagnosed with Sjorgrens Syndrome in 1997 and depression in 1997. Since 1997 I have been on various antidepressants and still am. I am now on 150mg of Venlafaxine daily and also due to the SS I am on 200mg of Palnequil per day.

I have been noticing over the past 6/12 months that I ache so much more. If someone or something bangs into me, the pain hurts so much more than it used to and for a lot longer.

I have parts of my bidy which have lumps now, only approx half an inch big and are under the skin, but when pressed they kill! I went to the GP and she told me they were fat lumps? really?? Im not a size 10 but never heard of fat lumos before.

My feet smell more than they ever have even though I still shower daily, and one last thing is sweating.....Ive only got to hoover my living room and the back of my hair is soaked, could I have FMS? xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

thats a new one on me what actuly are the symptoms and causes of this condition .
  • Posted

Hi Jen,

it's possible you have fibro, but your symptoms don't really match mine. That said the symptoms vary for different people. I know some people suffer from sweating, but that could probably also be caused by your medications. You would probably need to go to a rheumatologist to get a diagnosis. For me the main symptoms are problems sleeping, fatigue + waking up unrefreshed, feeling generally unwell, muscle twitching, pain in hip, back, neck and wrist, weak/shaky arms, headaches, and anxiety. Does this sound like you? Even if it does, it does not mean you have fibro as these symptoms can be caused by other conditions.

• Posted

Hi, thanks to both of you for replying, yes, airyfairy, I get all the symptons you state too, on top of everything else, the headaches are real bad, they make me physically sick at times sad

And Tina24537, Sjogrens is an autoimmune disease where the moist producing glands attack themselves so they dont produce saliva, tears etc so everywhere is dry and also fatigue, aches and so on

• Posted

i saw a case of that in doc martin can they give you something to help produce the moisture or are there unplasent side effects .

i know doc martin isent real but they have to be right factuley .

have you looked into alternative treatments .

• Posted

cevimeline 3 times a day... replaces saliva, tramadol for muscle and joint pain, cymbolta , which also helps with depression and pain.  I would try different meds sweetie, good luck!  
  • Posted

I have a fatty tumor on my arm. Right on the inside of my elbow. Over the years it has grown in size. At the time I got it i was only a size 5. So size has nothing to do with it.

They don't like to remove them because a piece of fat can break off and lodge in a new part of your body and sprout a new one. They shouldn't hurt though. They should feel squishy and move under the skin.

As for sweating, it could be a couple of things. Hormones for one. Change in meds another. Hope you can find out what's causing this and keep me posted. Hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.