Newbie...Orange Oil??!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to these tablets (I'm on day 3 and no accidents yet!) My eyes nearly popped out of my head while reading about the orange oil?! What The..... :shock:

My start weight is 12st 1lb and i hope to lose 3 stones, I'm 5'1\" so I'm carrying [u:0fb3722c2c]way[/u:0fb3722c2c] too much weight than i should (between 7st-8st7lb i think i should be for my height) I already have come down from 15 stones to 12st 1 lb just by walking my doggie (a lot over 6 miles per day) and eating healthily but can't seem to shift any more weight :?

I am a bit Burpy and Farty though, my farts really stink like something has died up my bum :lol: . Also my tummy grumbles like mad about 5 minutes after eating and goes on for ages, does this happen to anyone else? I'm really not looking forward to any ''oily'' accidents i think I'd die with embarrassment :oops: but only time will tell.

Jackie x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh i forgot to ask.....

Lets say i was naughty and ate something bad, How long after eating could i expect an \"Oily Accident\"? (please let there be a time limit to get to the loo) or does it just creep up on you so to speak.

Jackie x

• Posted

HELLO IM ON WEEK 2 AND I HAVENT EXPERIENCED \"ORANGE OIL\" MAYBE ALITTLE BIT GASSY BUT THATS ALL MY GP IS WIEGHING ME IN ANOTHER 2 WEEKS , BUT I DO WONDER IF THEY ARE WORKING AS I HAVENT HAD ANY SIDE AFFECTS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE HAD!! BUT I AM DOING A VERY VERY LOW FAT DIET AS I WOULD BE SO EMBARRESSED IF I WAS CAUGHT SHORT ... GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND TRY NOT TO WORRY JUST AVOID FAT.
  • Posted

Hi loridawn,

I have sneakily weighed myself on day 4 and i have lost 2lbs already so it's working for me. Please let me know the result of your weigh in at the doctors and I'll keep you informed how I'm doing too, maybe we can share tips and menu's.

Jackie xx

• Posted

hi jackie

i get the grumbles after eating too i dont know why maybe i eat too fast. i havnt had any accidents yet! i have just finished 3 weeks and so far according to my scales i have lost 9lb which is great . i know what you mean about the farts they stink!! good luck

claire x

• Posted

[quote:5ff7d7aa25=\"serj_rocks\"]Hi loridawn,

I have sneakily weighed myself on day 4 and i have lost 2lbs already so it's working for me. Please let me know the result of your weigh in at the doctors and I'll keep you informed how I'm doing too, maybe we can share tips and menu's.

Jackie xx[/quote:5ff7d7aa25]hi well been on orlistat for 2 weeks now.just been to get weighed and lost 8 pounds.really pleased i have not had any accidents

• Posted

Hiya,

@Claire, glad I'm not the only one with ''grumbles'' :lol: and 9lb in 3 weeks that's really good. I'm so pleased for you. How much weight have you got to lose in total? I have to lose 3 stones.

@Guest [quote:a49e413835]hi well been on orlistat for 2 weeks now.just been to get weighed and lost 8 pounds.really pleased i have not had any accidents[/quote:a49e413835]

You're doing great, I'm getting myself weighed on Friday so I'll let you all know the result when i get back (fingers crossed) I have lost some too.

Jackie xx

• Posted

hi jackie

i have a lot to lose at least 10 stone so im in it for the long hall having done weight watchers and slimming world i kept cheating and putting on the weight i lost and more this i think will suit me better because thinking of what could happen if i eat the naughty stuff puts me off eating the crisps and chocy i am going out for and indian tomorrow though, i will have something like a tandoori and plain rice and see what happens!!

clairex

• Posted

hi jacky

hope orlistat is working for you ,i have my second visit t[o my doctor to be weighed on friday in the first ten days i lost half a stone so it does work if you keep to a low fat diet .keep taking and good luck

sue :lol:

• Posted

[quote:350f5e9bdb]hi jackie

i have a lot to lose at least 10 stone so im in it for the long hall having done weight watchers and slimming world i kept cheating and putting on the weight i lost and more this i think will suit me better because thinking of what could happen if i eat the naughty stuff puts me off eating the crisps and chocy i am going out for and indian tomorrow though, i will have something like a tandoori and plain rice and see what happens!!

clairex[/quote:350f5e9bdb]

@Claire, I think these ''diets'' with slimming world and weight watchers are there to basically rip money from our pockets. Diets themselves rarely work, but changing our lifestyles do. As you said eating low fat foods will help, especially now we know the consequences of being naughty is a rather quick dash for the loo (or if we're not lucky our undies) it's a rather strong incentive for us not to eat rubbish again :lol: . 10 stones seems a lot to you but I guess with determination and these tabs it should come off in no time. But i must say for the past two days I've been really hungry! It proves one thing to me....the tablets are working and that I obviously am not digesting any fat because as we all know fat contains loads of calories and my belly is thinking ''why am i not getting all of the very high calorie fat anymore?'' and is making a rather good attempt at trying to tempt me back to my previous naughtiness. I have snacked a lot on apples and bananas but i am now wondering what else can i snack on that will not have any effect on my low fat lifestyle? Rabbit food? Oh my days this is getting harder than i first thought. :wink: Please give me strength to be naughty :lol: .................Only joking......for now anyway.

@Sue, WOW :shock: half a stone in 10 days!!! My god it took me three months to lose half a stone on my own (before Orlistat) And that was the same low fat lifestyle and walking my dogs legs off as I'm doing now......good luck for your second weigh in and I'll let you know of my weight loss (if any) on Friday too.

All the best to you guys,

Jackie xx

• Posted

Well done for the weight loss so far!!!!!

I have been on the tablets since early March and was doing quite well with a nice steady 4lbs a month after the initial 9lbs in a month. Have had a month of weddings and do;s and it has impacted on the weight loss....dont think I will have lost anything this month, shall have to wait and see on Friday.

I have noticed though that if you dont eat enough calories and fat, the weight loss stops too. There seems to be a fine balance.

As for the orange oil!!!! Havet had any accidents away from the house thankfully, but do tend to go to the loo rather a lot. Had spinach at the weekend...good for you right??? WRONG, I had green oil!!!!!!!!

I tend to snack on the \"good\" calories...fruit, veg etc. Try to keep the bad foods away as much as possible or try and find a better alternative ie crisps BAD, walkers baked, better smile

My total loss to date is 15lbs so only another 3stone and maybe a bit more to loose!

• Posted

Hi Mandy7074

[quote:b651078212]I have noticed though that if you dont eat enough calories and fat, the weight loss stops too. There seems to be a fine balance. [/quote:b651078212]

Ohhh i did not know that....? How does that work out then?

I had a giggle about your green oil!!! Oh my days i bet it was like something out of a horror movie!

Jackie xx

• Posted

Hi all,

There i was, trying to be clever and ate chicken fajitas last night for my tea..........well all i can say is......PAIN......GRUMBLES..........MORE PAIN........POO.........ORANGE OIL!!!! :oops: But luckily the last two things happened on the loo not in my undies......no more fajitas for me. IT AINT WORTH IT! Low fat for me from now on, although i cooked the fajitas as low fat as possible, i did not fry the chicken i steamed it along with the onions and peppers! I still have a small amount of stomach ache as i write this post.

C'est la vie

Jackie xx

• Posted

hi jackie

have just come to the end of my first month and ive lost 11.5 pounds which is great it took mr more than a year to lose that at weight watchers. my bmi has come down too .i went for an indian the other night and had tandoori chicken with boiled rice and a couple of popadoms i took my little blue pill with me but as we were going on to another pub i decided not to take it but i think i would have been ok though

clairex :D

• Posted

WTG Claire, thats brilliant!

Karen x

• Posted

Hi all :D ,

I got weighed yesterday and I have come down from 12 stones 1lb to 11 stones 11lb. A loss of 4lb in just over 1 week. I'm very pleased with that. Before I used these tablets it probably took me a month to lose that. Must say though I'm not pleased with the onset of the orange stuff after eating fajitas on Thursday for my tea. I'm not going to eat them again! Back to the low fat foods for me from now on, hopefully the orange oil will stop soon too. It's been two days since I ate fajitas and I'm still passing oil when I go to the loo. How long does it last??? Surely they should be out of my system by now?

Anyway bye bye for now.

Jackie xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.