Newbie to here..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good morning Ladies,

I'm a brit living in Kuwait and I was diagnosed with pcos back in 2001.  Apart from missing periods back then i havnt really had too many problems with it in these years... Untill recently.

Last week i was in A&E twice with suspected appendicitis, to find out i have 2 cysts on my right ovary which has caused me this excruciating pain. I dont know how big the cysts are and i have to refer to Gyn clinic here to follow up.

Since the pain last week, i have been in a SOB bad mood which i have no reason for (period not due till end of the month), I either want to kill people or cry for any stupid little reason.

I am constantly tired and have been to dr's for many blood tests which all show normal.

It was hard enough to find a good dr who understood back in the Uk then, I have no clue how i'm going to find a good dr who knows and understands what i am going through.

I cannot find anyone here who understands what i'm going through or how i feel when i just want to cry for no reason and someone who doesnt think i'm stupid, or depressed or just plain old crazy.... Please tell me i'm not the only one who feels this twisted in their head as well as their body..??

Hope you all have a great, non screwed up day... Any help and advise is greatly appreciated... Even knowing someone understands is a blessing..

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I started my periods at 13 and have never had a normal period in my life.

When I was about 16 I remember walking to catch the school bus, and I had really bad period pains that morning. On my way round to the bus stop I had the most painful sharp pain in my left pelvis, which made my knees buckle and I dropped to my knees. I have never felt a pain worse to this day.

About this time I was falling asleep in school, I haf to have 4 alarm clocks through the house because it was so hard to get up in the morning, and I felt so angry all the time like I could punch someone any second. Im a really gentle and easy going person, but everyone put it down to normal teenage hormones, and my GP refused to even test me because she said my periods would settle as I got older. 

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 and looking back at that day now, I understand that one of my ovarian cysts had burst. I can't believe I went to school as normal or that my doctor did nothing about it. So I know where you are coming from. 

When I was around 19 - 20 I entered into a new and exciting world of mood/hormone swings which included inexplicable hysterical crying and panic attacks which would basically go on until I fell asleep because no one and nothing could calm me down. 

I went on the pill around that time and although they came with their own side effects, it certainly helped with a lot of my issues, and I finally had normal periods, which I cant really say I was glad of ( I mean who actually wants a period ever month?) 

I believe multiple ovarian cysts can occur without someone having PCOS. If your bloods are normal, you might still have PCOS, I had to have my blood tested 2-3 times because I have normal testosterone levels, but elevated FSH and LH. I also had my first blood tests when I was on the pill,and I even asked the GP should I stop taking them for a month before I have the tests, because surely the test wont show my true hormones, but they said it was fine. And  then obviously it wasnt because the next GP told me to come off the pill and go back for more tests.

Anyways, I hope you get a good doctor, and treatment, but I can honestly say you are not alone. Try to take lots of time to look after yourself and be calm and happy. 

• Posted

Hey there!

You are not alone.

I have many symptoms but have not been formally diagnosed with PCOS. I am very moody, sleep through my alarms, high testonerone, irregular periods ect. But have no cysts on my ovaries. This shouldn't stop me from a diagnoses but my doctor advised me to see an endo to be sure.

I was perscribed metformin yesterday even though I have normal blood sugar. I hope this will help with my symptoms and help me feel more "normal".

I hope you find something that is able to work for you!

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel when it comes to mood swings! It's all to do with your hormones being out of balance. Don't worry, you are not crazy. I have those moments too. 

I'm currently having a lot of issues with trying to stop constant bleeding and spotting which is of course making me extremely grumpy lol. Just the other day I had gotten so fed up with the constant cramping and bloated icky feeling of being on a continuous period I just broke down. Balled my eyes out going on about how life was so unfair and I just wanted it to go away. Then I went from blubbering mess to raging physco blaming it all on tthe doctors I have been seeing for not fixing it!

These melt downs are a lot more common than you think. You add the stress of treatment and constant medical appointments to unbalanced hormones and you have one hell of an emotional time bomb just waiting to explode! 

The best advice I can give you is try your best to surround yourself with positivty. Easier said than done sometimes of course. I am very fortunate to have a loving girlfriend that tolerates all my moods swings and also has a knack for making me laugh and cheering me up right in the middle of them. 

I went through a rough couple of months wallowing in self pitty. I was dwelling on all these test and appointments that I had and treatments that were not working but in the end I picked up. 

I have somewhat learned to focus on the positive things in my life and try not to think too much into the issues I am facing unless I absolutely have to. Of course there are moments as i said before that it doesn't quite work lol. 

Wish you all the best for the future.

Please feel free to message me if you want any advice or just someone that understands to chat to smile 

Cat x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.