newbie to orlistat

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone,started on orlistat yest & determined im goin 2 shift the weight this time.im 32,5ft 7 & weigh 20 stone 11lbs. sad

finding this forum so helpful & keepin me really focused,thanks for all ur tips.

get my first weigh in at end of month so fingers x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello babebanc.

Welcome and good luck.

All I can recommend is to read as many posts as you can to get a good idea of what to expect.

I started Orlistat on the 4 June 2010 and had my first weigh in Yesterday (15 June 2010) and I lost 4lbs :D

Everyone is different but if you stick to it and take the time to know your foods and put the effort in it should work.

Any questions, someone is always willing to answer and help.

Keep us up-to-date on your journey.

xxxpearlxxx

• Posted

hi thanks for ur reply,well done on ur weigh in,thats grt,only my 3rd day & i cant wait till my weigh in at end of month lol

really determined this time so fingers x smile

findin this forum azamin & so helpful,really keeps u goin.

thanks again & ill let u know how im gettin on

• Posted

hi everyone sorry to be a pest but can someone just clarify if im doin things rite or no plz,

its best not 2 eat more than 30g of fat a day,no more than is it 12 or 15 in 1 meal & no more than 5g in 100g of food?????????.

doctor never explained nothing when i got tablets so just tryin 2 pick up things as i go

im havin cereal for breakfast & tea & a bowl of savoury rice 4 lunch & plenty of fruit in between.just doin this for 1st week for a boost & goin 2 intriduce chicken & meat nxt wk but keep 2 a minimum.

thanks in advanced for any help.x

• Posted

no more than 30g's of total fat per day

no more than 15g's of total fat at any one sitting

advised not to buy anything that has over 5g's of total fat per 100g's.

Fruit is good but try not to overdo it as it has natural sugars.

lots of fluids clear if possibble (water)

green tea is meant to help

• Posted

Good luck on your journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.