Newbie to Xenical

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I started Xenical last wensday and my doctor said only to take 2 a day because of my age, and I was wondering if I don't exercise or have 3 meals a day will I not loose wieght? I am getting some side effects but they don't worry me I am just wearing a pad so I don't mind I have been watching what I eat and drink, I also had pcos so I was wondering how long will it be until I start seeing results? Thanks smile

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,@Telarni  is there any reason you can't exercise? even housework can count. You will still lose weight on 2 meals a day but just because you were told you can only take 2 tablets a day doesn't mean you only have to eat 2 meals you can eat 3.

You shouldn't be getting side effects if you are eating right.

Everyone is different i got weighed every 4 weeks some people get weighed every week for me personally that would have done my head in.

My first weigh in i lost 1st4lbs but some people lose more some less - you won't see a difference in your clothes for about 2 months. How much do you have to lose? if you need any help please post back as i know the ins and outs of the tablets. They do work but you have to eat right.

Britney x

• Posted

No I think I'm just lazy but I think I might start doing some work outs soon, I am eating right like yogurt for breakfast and because i am gluten intolorant I go out and get some chicken and rice from my local thai shop and I havn't been having that many side effects to be honest, Currently I am 90kgs so I would like to lose like 40-30 kgs all up, I genreally don't get hungry through the day though so I might only 2 main meals a day and then snack on some strawberries or something. 
    • Posted

Have you tried the 30 day squat challenge? even just put on some music and dance around/do housework it all helps. Sorry i don't know if i picked you up wrong your 17? i didn't know they gave them out to teenagers. Thweight will come off i started at a size 24 and am now a 12 and did that in just over a year. Your young the weight will come off quickly if you stick to it i lost 30kg when i first started in about 4 months obviously i have lost a lot more than that now.

If your constipated try drink more than 2ltrs of water a day as these tablets do cause constipation. The more fattening food you have the more side effects you will get plus the weight won't shift as quick.

Good Luck

• Posted

Hiya. If you getting side effects you're eating too much fat so that will slow things up. 

Can I ask how old u are? I have never heard of that before. 

I would have fruit & fat free yogurt for breakfast then take your tablet with lunch and dinner. 

But you have gotta stay low fat the side effects are meant to keep you put you off eating things you're not meant to. They will only work if you stick to a low fat diet!! 

• Posted

hey, I'm not getting like crazy side affects maybe once every 2 days since I started which is good for me because before then I was only going once a week, I do try and have breakfast, I am 17, the side effects are not really bad to be honest not like how some people have described it, As I am gluten intororant I do find it hard to find healthy gluten free food. But I get by. My Doctor put me on them because I was working out daily and dieting and not loosing weight because of the pcos.
  • Posted

Welcome my lovely, having pcos is not nice, I have them and every so often when things get bad have to have them cleared. Good news is though you can still loose weight.

Now I dont exercise, just the thought brings me out in a cold sweat lol, it is personal choice and up to the individual, but again you can still loose wieght without excerising, However as the weight drops you can move around alot quicker and have more energy, so without realising it you have upped your movement.

I again dont have three meals again thats individual choice, but if your hungry and tired listen to your body and eat something very low/fat free fruit is a very good source, or baked beans, packed full of fibre, to snack on might make you a little unsoicable lol parp parp, lol.

Keep with it lovely and measure your body also, as you can get inches off, when the pounds are not.

Hen Hugs xxxxx

• Posted

I have been on them for 4 weeks and lost 1st 6lbs, I also follow Slimming World.  I did Slimming World approx three years ago chick and lost over 9st. but life went a bit crap and I woke up one morning withit all back on lol.  So here I am again fighting the bulge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.