newbie to Xenical

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I'm new to Xenical after the doctor prescribed it to me this week, started on Wednesday evening after celebrating husbands birthday at an Indian restaurant - bad idea as the next morning was not pleasant!!

Quick lesson learnt! So have tried to cut out fatty foods but still having the same experience every day, does this go at any point as I am at the stage where I don't want to venture outside just in case, have had one accident and didn't even realise!!

I hope this is going to be worth it, I am 5ft 2ins and weigh 14s 11lbs and need to loose around 5 stone.

I can see the fat content on packaged food and that will be fine, it's just with four kids to cook for am concerned about things like home-made dinners.

Looking forward to chatting with other forum members as motivation is a huge problem for me and feel in the past my weight problems have increased when i don't see instant results, but hoping I can keep on track with this one, many of the messages on here have spured me on though.

I am going to keep a diary and hope to report some loss next week.

Wendy

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

as long as you keep of as much processed foods as poss and if doing mash take your mash out before adding the butter and milk home made meals are quite easy to keep within the 15g's of fat
  • Posted

Welcome! :D

I think the most important thing is to stay positive, I know how hard it is & as you have had the experience of what can happen when you eat to much fat your prob wondering what to do.

like Suza said simple things make a HUGE difference!

I personally found Jelly is my trick, Its sweet & a pudding but theres not much in it like fat.

Im new to Orlistat (Xenical) & this place is excellent for advice! Many people here have given me advice & made me feel better & more importantly made me feel I can carry on & lose weight!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Posted

Many thanks for your comments, I will certainly try to keep motivated, not had a good week, but hopefully the weigh in on Thursday will cheer me up!
  • Posted

Hiya,

I also have 4 children at home, so I know what you mean about making meals for the family!

At present I am having my own separate food, and my husband and the kids are all eating the same. I'm finding that easier for now.

Ive been writing down meal plans of what I'm going to eat each day and snacks in between. Im finding I can keep track of it all easier and make sure I don't go over the fat allowance!

Hope things go well at the weigh in :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.