Newbie with a few questions!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, i've just started taking Orlistat since the weekend. I just wanted to know when you take your tablets? My gp told me 30 minutes before I eat, but everywhere I see online says with food or up to 1 hour after. Does when you take it make a big difference in your results?

Also, so far I don't believe I've had any side effects...though once or twice i've seen the oily residue in my urine, does that mean I've eaten too much fat that day?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I started Monday and was told by my GP take with every meal or up to 1 hr after as well. I haven't had much side affects either i've been told by a friend who was on it that it's only when you really eat something high in fat that you will get side effects like a pizza or takeaway etc. I've managed to eat quite normal just replacing the crisps and chocolated etc.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure why I was told to take it 30 mins before, but maybe it doesn't matter. Lets hope we don't experience any side effects, they do sound really unpleasant! 

• Posted

Hi x i take it as soon as i've eaten x if you eat too much fat you poo it out xx try to eat healthily and you should be fine xx good luck xx

• Posted

Thanks, so far eating healthy hasn't been too difficult, my GP just advised me no fried foods and to cut down on starchy food like rice and potatoes and eat more veggies and salads. What I haven't been doing so far is exercising, I definitely need to start!

• Posted

I am eating as normally really, just swapping the crisps and chocolate for fruit and carrot sticks and watching what goes into my meals, i still have cereal but with skimmed milk, and my dinners have not changed much just cut down, so i am having potatoes and stuff and losing weight on it. I haven't started much in the exercise way either but shall be next week. Fingers crossed you need to find what suits you xx

• Posted

It sounds like you're off to a good start. I've had to stop with the crisps as well and I'm eating more fruit and just drinking water. I see a lot of people are losing weight even without exercising but I definitely want to try and do something even a few days a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.