Newby to Orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been reading all this posts for the last few weeks so last week i decided this is the pill for me and went to the doctors. I weigh 100kg (15 stone 7), am 5ft 7 and 28 years old. Can say that 5 stone went on over the last 5 years having children. Im finally marrying my childhood sweetheard (been together for 13 years) on 27th August 2016 and i WILL NOT be a fat bride. In the day im so good - have special k for breakfast, a mug shot and muller light yoghurt for lunch and tea i will do a WW ready meal or WW sausages with mash (no milk or butter) but in the evening when the kids are in bed i cant help but snack snack snack. My partner works offshore, i work part time in a school and have 2 young children so no time for the gym etc. Can someone help me with what to snack on? I actually cant stop myself from getting up and eating even though im not hungry bcoz i have no-one to tell me no. I love chocolate and will anything i can get my hands on. Ive been taking the pills for 8 days now and can also say ive only had 1 orange oil incident even tho im still naughty at night - how ling until they start to work properly?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was 101 kg 7 weeks ago and 5ft 5. I'm now 94 kg. I don't snack so much but like you at night I can't help it. I eat fruit and I LOVE melba toast and beetroot. Also ryvita is really low too (not the pumpkin seed ones as they are quite high) also I have flumps when I need something sweet as they are zero fat. Weight watchers yogurts are good too! The dessert ones actually taste like desert x
  • Posted

I snack on cottage cheese and brown rice cakes, fruit, veggies, grilled chicken breast, vegetable soup...

Consider the quality of the food you are eating in addition to the fat content. 100g of 'real food' Vs. Marketed weight loss snacks/meals will keep you fuller longer and more satisfied.

Look on my post from the other day - I'm new too and a lot of the ladies on here posted some great advice!

I've lost 4 kg in about a week. I'd assume some is water weight and will fluctuate but their advice helped me x

• Posted

snack a jacks are good to snack on and they have a new one out choc chip they are lovely and take the craveing away the big ones good luck x
  • Posted

Hey Lindsay69200, Sweet potato is super filling (so you may find that you're happy with less quantity and can curb your snacking as well ...?), you could try cutting some sweet potato into wedges, spraying with Fry Light and baking - they make a yummy snack which is packed with nutrients too x
  • Posted

Hi Lindsay, it's so,hard in the evenings isn't it. I haven even on these tablets for 5 weeks now and try to stick to 1400 calories a day with as much fat free as possible. So far my stools are the same so I guess my fat intake is low - which is good apparently. However, only losing about half a lb a week but my husband tells me this is fine as this has to be for life etc blah blah blah. Sigh! Anyhow, what Imhave found for snacks is salt n vinegar rice cakes with low fat Philadelphia on plus marmite - I do a plate with 4 rice cakes, a smidgen of Philadelphia and then add marmite (Philadelphia acts like a butter spread I suppose) and then cut up loads of cucumber and baby tomatoes, put it all on a plate and make a fat free checked noodle soup (the best tasting is Waitrose own brand packet soup - really tasty and only 48 calls) then I go and sit down and much through that on an evening. It's only 250 calls for the lot so if you've been good in the day (I stick to no more than 1000 calls during the day) then this is like another meal and it really fills you up as takes ages to eat. If after that I am still craving I have cadbury highlights hot choc - 38 calories for a big mug - it is gorgeous and really sweet and after then rice cakes it's very satisfying. My other snack suggestions are sugar free angel delight with skimmed milk - mix it up and add a chopped up banana or strawberries, low fat rice pudding and toffe muller light yogurt - again, add a banana. If it's savoury you crave then you can't beat the rice cakes n Philadelphia n tomatoes n cucumber, or pretzels dipped in low fat Philadelphia or humus - just be careful you don't scoop out loads and just dip the pretzel otherwise the calories will add up. And def try to Cadbury highlights hot choc - so much nicer than options. Also, if you ditch the rice cakes you can have huge mug of hot choc with marshmallows added as they are fat free. Hope that helps. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.