Newcomer

Posted , 5 users are following.

took first pill at supper time yesterday, so today have had one brekky and one lunch, next one will be tonight at supper, so had 3 pills total, a few farting, but no more than usual (as you would expect from an overweight person)

Am terrified of the comments so have been really good with low fat meals :D but so far no bowel movements,

Im thinking this isnt going to work, I have always eaten healthily in normal meals, but the snacks is the enemy of which I have not had any, due to worry of the outcome, so if the pills work in that sense, then I guess they are useful.

Question: Is everyone still eating the usual fatty foods, and just letting the pill do the work, or what :roll:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hiya love, well to be honest you do kind of have to cut out fatty foods because obviously the consequences are not good. me personally have been on these tablets for 3 weeks on wednesday and i have lost half a stone but i have been eating fatty foods still but just not as much as i would do i reduce the size dramatically but to be honest i feel that it depends on your lifestyle because at the moment i am a stay at home mum and my partner is off work sick and he tends to like eating takeaways which i feel is part of the problem. I lost 4 lbs the first week and only 2 last week as i was not as good. also i dont know about you but i only got a months supply from my gp and you have to lose a certain amount so you have to try and be good to get more and also you have to bear in mind that the tablets only take out 30% of fat eaten.

Well good luck anyway and keep using the site for support.

take care. Pam. xx

• Posted

Thanks for that Kammia, still on the pills, no difference, eventually have had a constipated bowel movement :x. Like you, have only 1 months supply, I deliberately ate more fat, just to see if it would come out the other end, but no, but I guess I will just have to wait and see if I have lost anything next week

Doc gave me a choice of pills, the other one had too many severe side effects, but it probably would suit me better as it takes away your appetite! Anyway, eating takeaways, is a definate sign of gaining weight, but its so difficult if your partner is having them. Maybe he could be a bit more helpful and maybe reduce them to the weekends, but I guess you have proably tried that. :?

Anyway fingers crossed for everyone and heres to us all getting thin!!

• Posted

[quote:45972b2006=\"Abbey\"]

Question: Is everyone still eating the usual fatty foods, and just letting the pill do the work, or what :roll:[/quote:45972b2006]

not me - I've cut the fat out considerably but I am still having the odd curry and butter on my bread, but not as often as I would have done previously.

I've cut right down on the alcohol and haven't eaten sweets, choccy, crisps or biscuits since starting the tablets

• Posted

Hiya,

I am on day 2, round 2 of xenical (I took it for 9 months a few years back and did really well on it, but sadly my compulsiveness and personal situation have helped me regain it all and then some).

I think it helps to keep to a low fat diet, purely because the results if you don't can be kind of explosive. The thing to remember is just because your body isn't experiencing side effects doesn't mean the drug isn't working - it usually just means you aren't consuming enough fat to need to flush any out.

Last time I was on it I must admit there were occasions I pigged out on takeaways/spaghetti bolognese etc KNOWING that their effects would be reduced by Xenical. It virtually always resulted in the explosive orange funk, and definitely reduced the weight I lost that week.

You [i:ccf94d59a5]could[/i:ccf94d59a5] just eat high fat food and let xenical get rid of the excess, but you really won't lose as much weight as you could that way, and I'm not sure how healthy it would be.

Good luck! xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.