Newly diagnosed 10yr old son

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi my son was just diagnosed with psvt yeasterday at a+e we are waiting for an appointment with a cardiologist for the last 3 days he has woken up in the morning with palpitations then dizziness and then he vomits is the vomiting normal after he feels fine

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I ve had SVT since I was my early teens,I know 64 , if you live through the first one ,you just rough it out through  the rest ,back then they didn't even have a name for SVT  your son will just have to live it ,he'll be fine 
  • Posted

Is the vomiting normal we are waiting to see a cardiologist as soon as an appointment is available the has had 4 days of palpitations dizziness and then vomits today has gone good so far no symptoms yet 
  • Posted

Hello Tracey,

You are following the correct route.  There is so much that can be done today for PSVT and ablation techniques are continually improving.  I recently had a successful ablation for the same condition, (touch wood), but it is largely dependent on an accurate diagnosis.  Put your trust in your cardiologist or physiologist  The condition is highly treatable, especially in the case of an otherwise healthy heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.