Newly diagnosed

Posted , 11 users are following.

After 1.5 years of pain I have finally been diagnosed with crps.

no pain medication seems to work . The pain dr suggested I think about having spinal nerve stimulation but I can't afford 50k .

i have been put off from my job and I'm not in a good place . This is taking over my body and destroying it . Does anyone have any advice , that could help me . No drs in Australia seems to know much about this condition 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi michelle,ive had chronic nerve pain in both legs for 16 years and they've never found out why but walking infact doing anything is painful , laying down is when the pain is reduced but still there,at the beggining my medication went from morphine,to tramadol to all the other anti depressant drugs that are used for nerve pain,in the end about 8 years ago I stayed with 400 mg tramadol and 3600mg gabapentin and this was great but still painful but ok,I moved to germany from the uk 3 years ago and they said why so many drugs , I had no answer so they offered me spinal stimulation and it cost nothing , bless them, having opted for 2 cables in my spine one for each leg and a 9 year battery with a memory in my butt life became better different wierd but I reduced the meds to 1800 mg gabapentin and 250mg tramadol (became clear headed, lovely) backed up with liquid tramadol drops (fantastic) when I'm really suffering, each drop is 12.5 mg so little or alot your choice, the spinal stimulation is basically using electrical pulses instead or reducing medication because the pulse arrives at the brain quicker than the pain signal and the brain deals with the pulse and puts the pain to one side,its alot more than that but I understand it that way and I would advice anybody to ask for it, they do a 7 day trial so whats to loose,also over the years although you get dependent on these drugs I have found that gabapentin works very well for me but only when used with tramadol,my life is good,wife works I brought up the kids,me and oscar the dog watch telly all day and sleep due the the drugs,sorry its so long it always seems i write these replys for but also its good for me to talk smile , believe me when I say you will find the right cocktail of drugs and life will get better it just changes and you have to change with it. Keep smilling smile
  • Posted

Hi Michelle ... I have chronic pain  so I feel for you ... Any how...The reason I registered on this site was to send you this reply. My friend was diagnosed with CRPS about eight years ago ... She lives in Adelaide. She has had a morphine pump installed which delivers a very small amount of morphine into the spine. the pain clinic at your local hospital would have dealt with CRPS. Go back to your doctor and ask to be referred to your hospital pain unit . My friend found the key to her living with CRPS after the morphine pump was installed was to get her body moving first thing in the morning. Hope this helps 😃
  • Posted

There are ways to decrease and even eliminate CRPS pain.

Pain is a construct of the brain...nerves are not pain receptors. There ARE specific nociceptor nerves that inform the brain of noxious stimuli, but it is up to the brain to interpret these inputs. The quality and the quantity of pain, is determined directly by the brain.

CRPS is a terrible form of chronic pain and I suffered through it for 5 years before I sucessfully eliminated it. All chronic pain has a component of learned pain (pain is an efficient teacher), and this component can be manipulated and changed using brain plasticity.

Google "Reversing Chronic CRPS" for a personal and more in-depth treatment of the subjects of CRPS and chronic pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.