newly diagnosed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have polymyalgia rheumatic,rheumatoid arthritis and just yesterday informed have osteoarthritis in my neck.Am only 57 and had problems since 45.Does anyone else have all three at once?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Gilliam it must be very painful for you,I have osteoarthritis and that's bad enough.

Do you take pain killer, I can't take anti inflammatory meds, they make me sick.

I rely on pain killers,heat pads and drink ginger diluted in warm water.it helps me.

I was given injection at hospital can't remember it's name kenalog or something like it.its really good.

• Posted

Hi Holly,I have weekly methotrexate injections plus as I cannot take anti inflammatories have paracetamol and tramadol for pain relief.Just wondered if any exercise for neck osteoarthritis
    • Posted

Please make sure they take regular blood test with been on methotrexate,you must remind them.it's suppose to be very good but I couldn't take the tablet for they unset my stomach.

Have you tried a electric heat pad on your neck,after I've had it on a bit I find I can move my neck better.

Some days I have to just lie down or go to bed ,my neck and head hurt so much.

I've had cortisone injections and they help.

Dhidrocodine and paracetamol works for me.tramodal is ok for about 2 hours then a wears off.

It's just getting meds ok.

P's I've tried acupuncture with good results.

X holly

• Posted

On the subject of  anti inflammatory meds - I also have problems with them, and found that those little bottles of yoghurt drink (Actimel - my favourite, Benecol, Yakult) helped the stomach tolerate them.

Graham

• Posted

Good point about the methotrexate Holly - please be assertive re them regularly monitoring this - it can be a very useful drug for rheumatoid issues but it needs very careful monitoring to ensure that it isn't causing stomach damage or other side effects.
  • Posted

Hi Gillian

I luckily dont have RA but I do have OA in both hands and one ankle and just been diagnosed with it in three or more discs in my neck, plus I have fibromyalgia.  I really sympathise at being diagnosed with so many different issues, all individually very painful but together they must be horrible.  I've just turned 60 but have had OA since my early 50's.  Whilst nobody can know just what another person's pain is like, at least on these forums people have some understanding and I find such support and patience on here that I don't get from friends or even my doctors. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.