Newly diagnosed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just been diagnosed as suffering from ME/CFS after suffering for a long time. Sort of glad finally have an answer for all the extreme fatigue, memory fog and extreme pain. Have been referred to Liverpool hospital. Just wondering what to expect? Get extremely apprehensive in new situations and would appreciate any similar stories and advice. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm afriad that Liverpool doesn't have a great reputation for CFS/ME.

?There was an article in the New York Times recently titled 'Getting It Wrong on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?' - reading that (and perhaps some of the sources it cites) might help you understand the approaches on offer. The Liverpool clinic were also involved in the FINE trial, which was even worse, but was at least willing to present results for their pre-specified primary outcomes, which indicated their 'treatment' was not helpful.

?It's possible they've improved in the last years or so, but I wouldn't assume so.

?err... that might not have helped with the apprehension. On the plus side, you have no reason to push yourself to do anything to fit in with them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.