Newly diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! I'm new to this but thought I would give it a go because it's driving me insane and google has been no help at all.. just sending me into meltdown with panic! I'm 22 years old and have been diagnosed with the condition I've managed to get it under control and thankfully most of my flare ups go down within a couple of days! The last few weeks I've come out in a hard pea size lump on the surface of my groin that won't shift! Is this normal? And also I've been told sunbeds help the condition so I started them only to read last night because I have HR im more prone to skin cancers.. absolute panic mode! Help! X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica I've got this condition too so I know what you mean I've had it for 25 + years now it's horrible I only found out a few years ago what it was and like you i googled the condition got major stressed out and had another bad flare up lol tbh I think the best way to find out info on this condition is here and anywhere else that ppl suffer from it as we all help each other with different things ATM I am trying the sudocream on mine as it hasn't stopped weeping for 6 months I have also had the hard lumps on my groin I call them my balls haha with mine after a few years it finally broke out don't know as yet if this always happens with everyone but it does with me as for the sun bed thing I wouldn't try it due to the risk of skin cancer don't honestly know if both are connected or not but good luck 🙂

• Posted

Hello, something I wish that someone suggested to me early on is zinc, and tumeric. These both have helped me even in stage 3. However in stage 1 I listened to the wrong Drs. I let them cut me and let them convince me they were ingrown hairs, and other skin infections. I was taking bleach bathes daily. My skin would burn so bad. Use a antibacterial wash (the real kind found at the pharmacies). I started off taking tumeric once a day and zinc once a day. I have to eat with zinc or I get really sick. I tried different dosages until I found one that worked for my weight. I finally found good Drs that support me and my regimen.
  • Posted

Thankyou guys will try these things! I've been given hibi scrub which I use on a daily basis when I bathe. I've stopped googling anyhow because it's just gonna send my brain into over drive appreciate the advice guys smile

• Posted

Hey Jessica! Here is a second vote for tumeric! I'm almost completely in remission from just one dose a day. I know it had helped a lot of people, but I don't see it mentioned much that whatever brand you choose should have black pepper added as well. The pepper helps your body absorb the tumeric. Wishing you the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.