Newly diagnosed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm so depressed about this new diagnosis. I had no idea what it was that was wrong with me. I was embarrassed and afraid to tell anyone. Went to the doctors and got a really nice obgyn and she took the time to explain what was going on. Although I'm glad to have an answer I feel like my life is ruined. I am currently on clodestol it's helping but I still feel like it's spreading.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, don't despair with it all.. you have come to the right place, loads of helpful tips and advice.. LS can be manageable, it's just a case of finding what works for you. Have a look through previous threads especially 'an experiment with borax' many people have found relief with using this. My general maintenance plan is bathing with bicarbonate of soda using epiderm to wash with and using steroid cream a couple of times a week to keep at bay. I found I needed to use steroid cream (dermavate) every day sometimes twice a day for at least 6 months before I noticed much improvement and should help the spreading. I have had this for 3 years and still manage to have a good sex life and remain really comfortable. Also it may be helpful to cut down on sugar as this can irritate LS for many people.. Good luck going forward.. I'm sure you'll get in to a routine that helps you - jo xx

• Posted

thank you so much. i will look into that. im trying to be hopeful.
  • Posted

I'm newly diagnosed, too, and feel as i have with my last two diagnoses (Fibro And sarcoidosis) -- glad to know what it is but depressed that it is incurable.

My doc recommended doing the Mona Lisa laser treatment. Has yours?

• Posted

no she hasent but i may ask her about it. 
  • Posted

You are not alone with feeling depressed about it. I too was recently diagnosed, and it has changed my life dramatically. I had to quit my job (working with chemicals in a hot, physical environment), give up motorcycling, and stop hiking. My self esteem feels shattered too. I feel as though I'm probably going to be on my own now for the rest of my life as I cannot ever imagine having sex again. 

• Posted

Yes I'm not sure how to cope with this. I work I transportation so driving all day has had an affect on the condition. I'm so depressed. I don't think I will ever find someone to be with me after this. Also I want a child and I can't imagine this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.