Newly Diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello there everyone smile

Back in November I had a really bad UTI and since then have been left with a constant sensation of feeling like I need a wee all the time even though I don't. I had an ultrasound which was clear and had a cytoscopy last week which also showes nothing. My GP had a look at my external "bits" on Monday and although I have no itching or soreness she believes I have LS. She has prescribed Dermovate Cream.

My question is this ...... can LS make you feel like you have to wee all the time? Any connection?

Thanks for reading peeps smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No, the feeling that you need to urinate all the time is a sign of a current UTI.  Did they test your urine?   
    • Posted

Thanks so much for replying. Yes they have cultured my urine numerous times. Back in November the dipstick test showed white blood cells so I was precribed a 3 day course of Nitrofurantoin for a UTI . No improvement so was precribed a 3 day course of Trimethoprim and my urine was sent for culture. Culture showed no infection but my GP precribed me a 7 day course of Pivmecillinam and sent another urine sample off for culture which came back as negative for white blood cells and mixed growth so my GP said there was no infection. Still having symptoms so I went to a private Urologist who took a urine sample and confirmed I had a UTI as Enterococcus was heavily present in culture and prescribed a 14 day course of Nitrofurantoin (he also confirmed the infection was resistant to Trimethoprim and Pivmecillinam which I had previously been prescirbed). Symptoms eased but still the constant feeling of needing a wee. Hence then cystoscopy which showed nothing other than a healthy bladder. So then returned to GP who says I have LS and prescribed Dermovate. This is where I'm at now. Any ideas? Sooooo frustrated sad

• Posted

Hiya

You could have developed Intistitual Cystitus (not spelt correctly!) or Painful Bladder Syndrome (new name for it). I had a UTI and then got IC. It's no infection, rather the lining of the bladder is inflamed and compromised. Long term recovery. Otherwise it could be PFD. X

• Posted

I had a similar experience to yours and my gynae who I see for my LS, recommended a six week course of twice-weekly Vagifem pessaries which did the trick.   She said to do this once or twice a year.  So, I don't think it's LS but some of the associated problems of vaginal atrophy also affect the bladder in this way.  Worth a try?  Best regards, j.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.