Newly diagnosed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just received my diagnosis from a CT scan on Monday.  My stomach is distended and uncomfortable.  Is abdominal bloating a typical side effect?  If so, how long until it subsides?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't want to freak you out Jennifer but its been 2 1/2 months and I am still really bloated. I have had this with all four attacks I have had.

• Posted

Yes.  It takes time for inflammation and bloated feeling to subside.  Just watch your diet and if you are on antibiotics take a good probiotic.

• Posted

My stomach feels the same , mines like when a lady is bloated with lower stomach on her time and when you try to put on pants you feel the lower stomach bloated and full feeling,  well anyway thats the way mine feels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.