Newly diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 47yo female who was diagnosed with LS about 4 wks ago. Been to the gp and gynae several times for painful sex to be told that my pelvic floor muscles are excessively tight and need to do PVM exercises to loosen. Also to go on HRT for dryness.. so around 10 years of putting up with pain from sex..poor hubby havnt had sex in around 18 months. Went to a new gynae who sent me immediately to another gynae who specializes in skin disorders of the vulva. From this I've learnt I have LS with vulvodynia. I have anatomy changes as well sad so I have no inner labial at all..that has completely fused to the outer.. and I have banding to the top and bottom of my vagina opening.. in one breath I'm over the moon with a diagnosis as I've had years of suffering, but on the other, why wasnt this diagnosed years ago to prevent any anatomy changes that now I may have to have surgery due to the opening becoming quite small.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

similar problems to you - diagnosed with vaginal stenosis and just given exercises and dilators and left my own.  so just getting a diagnosis isn't always the answer - it's treatment other than doing things by myself.  this was years before ls diagnosis 18 months ago.  age 74 (75 july 4th).

• Posted

Hi,  I feel for you.  I have the same issue, painful sex for years and now fusing. I'm seeing my gyno this week to see what more can be done.  I did buy graduating sizes of dialators (discretely delivered from a woman's site) that I bought years ago, but now it is too painful to try to stretch my skin. I hope you don't have to have surgery, and I am hoping the same thing for me.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.