Newly Diagnosed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been recently diagnosed after suffering some stomach issues. I had my gallbladder out a couple of years ago after months of pain and just not being able to eat anything without severe pain and over the last few months I have been incredibly tired to the point where I don't actually feel like i've slept and been experience IBS symptoms.

I was just looking for any tips on how to manage my symptoms, and any recommendations on vitamins to take as so sick of feeling rubbish I'm willing to try anything. I don't really have a fatty diet as after my gallbladder came out I cant really tolerate it so that helps but just feel like getting through the day at the moment is a chore and literally cant wait to climb into bed when i get home from work.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about your condition! Suggest you get a good liver book.

GILBERTs is boringly dull but is a right pain to someone who has it! Tired, foggy head, lack of concentration etc

But you can adjust diet/take supplements/etc.

Good luck!

• Posted

Have you checked your vitamin D level? Low can cause fatigue. The under tongue drops assimilate better than gelcaps with Gilberts . Several studies - google this 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.