Newly diagnosed and curious about the progression of LS

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a 49yo female recently dx with LS, I have also had Breast Cancer and they put me on meds to stop the estrogen production so the side effects mimic menopause. How fast does LS progress and does Clob just keep the itching and pain to a minimum or does it slow down the progression?

It also seems there may be some hormonal change corellation that keeps coming across the feeds that I read. Anyone else curious?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Andrea

Sorry to hear you have joined the LS club 😔. If you read all the posts about LS, it’s a mix bag of symptoms and triggers. Some have under active thyroid and some don’t, some have figure of 8 white patches, some don’t. The only thing that everybody has in common is that it’s a lottery out there and it’s totally bad luck if you get it. There is not enough research down to lack of funding. 

Personally I have tried to stop working out what has triggered it and focus on stragies to cope with it. Read my post on itchy relief.

I hope you find some relief and support ecpically with your breast cancer, sending my prayers to you 🙏

• Posted

Sorry forgot to add that clob slows it down, which helps to relive the symptoms. But there are people on this forum where it partly works, or doesn’t work at all.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm in the UK and mine was triggered at menopause. I remember a few people saying that this was the same timing for them too. It's a very mixed bag though, and impossible to unpick. For some of us, hormones are a trigger, but not for everyone. If you stay on these forums and read lots of posts, you'll get the best advice on self care here. I agree with reebok, just focus on looking after yourself and finding a routine to support your health. We are all here to help each other.

Good luck

Bridge

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.