newly diagnosed and very scared and confused... please help:(

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to the er after several days of slurred speech numbness of hands and visual disturbances. On the day I finally did go I also presented with a facial droop and numbness of my head and sides of my face and a current in my fingertips. My MRI showed white spotting. I suffer migraine and have aura. On this day I had many symptoms I had never had such as zigzag lights in my peripheral vision on one side. very disturbing speech if i could find the words I was sluring them or just tripping over them.

My blood work also showed an increase in ammonia levels even tho I am on levothyroxine my tsh is a 18.8 reg is (.03-5.5)

I was told I am having mini strokes due to a migraine syndrome and they did NOTHING but send me away with papers. I am almost 40 I have not stopped crying I have no idea what any of this means or what I am in for or how on earth migraine constitutes stroke???

HELP

OH Hi im Shellie.... its nice to meet you all. I am very scared and confused and feeling really alone in this....

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Hun you poor thing I'm 47 coming up 48 I had a tia stroke about month ago scared me my arm went limp and my speech was slurr only lasted a couple of minutes. I had gone to doctors same day who gave me aspirin had to take four and one everyday until my hospital appointment 7 days later all my test came back fine and I've got a MRI scan April 22nd I'm on these clopidgrel tablets blood thinners did they give you any meds and your not alone 

• Posted

Hi Shellie...I'm so sorry you are going through this. You are definitely not alone. I am older than you but was told that I am young for a stroke. I am 58. I had 2 TIAS and then a stroke last year. I don't know if you are in US or UK. Our healthcare could be very different. I'm in US.

I was fortunate enough to have very good care. I was given a special drug that helps to stop or even reverse the damage of a stroke. Also, I had neurologists and neurosurgeons for followup as well as very good rehab. I am still recovering but I would encourage you to get neurology involved in your case. Make a lot of noise, or get someone to help advocate for you. I'm praying for you...please keep us updated.

God Bless ~ Lori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.