newly Diagnosed, and worried advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys, im a bit worried, i was diagnosed yesterday with a underactive thyroid, and the doc has started me with 75mg daily of levothroxine sodium. he told me to try that dose and have my blood done in a couple of months and he would check to see what my levels are then.

after reading up on underactive thyriod, i didnt know it was so big of a deal, he also told me i have a slow heart rate, i thought mine was normal being 72 at rest.

what worrying me is 75mg seems a highish dose to start off at, from what i have been reading can anyone give me any advice please. i was tired and didnt take all the info in when the doc told me

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think best to go with it, if you don't feel right go straigt back to the Doctor, don't leave it for two months unless you feel OK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.