Newly diagnosed hypothyroid.. questions for you guys

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have been on levo 112mcg for 2 weeks and have not noticed any difference yet. How long before you guys saw results? I have most the symptoms, along with weight gain and unable to lose weight. Doing research I want to ask my dr to test my reverse T3 and for hashimotos. 

My results were 

Tsh  71

Low T4 

Low T3 

Just looking for some insight from people who have had this experience.  TIA

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also wanted to add.. I’ve noticed a decrease in breast milk supply as I exclusively pump and this is discouraging. 😕

• Posted

it would appear you have just given birth. my feeling is that you should try everything  (supplements included  before going down the road of  medication  ). once on it  you  would probably be on it for the rest of your life.  Do your own research and get  further advice. It could just be that this is a temporary problem after childbirth See experts on thyroid problems after childbirth.  If you still want to go down medication route it will take about 6 weeks  before you notice any improvement. I wish I had not gone down route of  medication  so soon. Just my opinion
  • Posted

6-9 months for me. I got worse before getting better. And it took around 18 months for me to find the right dosage 
    • Posted

Oh wow! Was the dose just not bringing your levels down? Or was there something more going on as T4 wasn’t being converted? That seems like s long time to get some relief.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.