Newly Diagnosed Looking For Advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 27 and I've just been diagnosed with PCOS.

I came off the pill a year ago and my husband and I had been trying for a baby with no luck. I have been having irregular periods, some very very heavy bleeding and then some "normal" periods, weight hasn't really been an issue, always a steady 10stone and I've had really oily/acne skin that flared up horribly but has now calmed down to normal.

I've had an ultra sound scan and it shows that my womb is tilted and the lining is thin but my ovaries are normal.

My doctor has now passed me on to a fertility clinic who will go through the different paths for me.

I just wanted some advice on conceiving, has anyone with similar symptoms gone on to have successful pregnancies? I'm feeling a bit down and worried about it all. I don't really know much about PCOS so it's all a bit new for me.

Any advice would be amazing!

Thank you, x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kat,

I have newly been diagnosed too from having an ultrasound scan. Although I don't know a lot about it I can tell you I have a 12 year old son and a 3 year old daughter so it is possible. All your symptoms sounds very similar to mine too. It did take a long time to have our second child but I'm assuming it's because it is harder to. I gave up and then it happened...

Wish you all the best!

• Posted

Hello smile

Thank you so much, that has made me feel better already! My doctor has referred me to a fertility clinic so I am waiting for my appointment smile I've done some research and it looks like they will put me on some medication to help me ovulate... haha I am trying to just relax about it all but it's harder than it sounds!

Have you been put on any medication for any of your symptoms or will you just carry on without anything? Xxx

• Posted

I really think the lighter periods was stress related (I'd lost 4 family members and working too much). I haven't been offered any medication,that's why I thought it was just mild... only symptoms I have is my periods was heavy and over 28 days,and I find it quite hard to lose weight. Weirdly I now know when I'm ovulating where as before I didn't?. You can buy them strips to tell you. I don't think you have anything to worry about Hun and I wish you all the best xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.