Newly Diagnosed, Now What?

Posted , 1 user is following.

My psychiatrist and I have determined that I may have Bipolar II, but we need more time to really confirm it. I've been put on Latuda and I seem to be doing okay despite bizarre episodes with my blood sugar. I have PCOS and a fatty liver, so I'm very worried about the blood sugar warning. For me, though, I've been having episodes of LOW blood sugar while the patient pamphlet warns about high blood sugar. 

I have been curious if I might actually have Bipolar I, because I've had episodes that almost seem like minor psychotic breaks, mostly anxiety induced. Plus I haven't been entirely honest with my psychiatrist and my psychotherapist about how serious these episodes of extreme anxiety feel. But I also need to really think about what my symptoms were at the time and the circumstances surrounding the episode.

In addition, I also have Asperger's which only complicates the situation even further. Is it even possible to have the two together? I've heard that it's rare to have the two together. (I also know, however, that Asperger's in women has different effects than Asperger's in men.) So the situation itself is just very, very complicated. And I'm also wondering if there's anybody else out there that has something similar to my situation?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.