Newly Diagnosed of TN

Posted , 6 users are following.

ive been recently diagnosed with having TN after experiencing terrible pain to left side of my face involving the teeth, gums inner and outer cheek and deep inside my ear. The comes on after triggers of eating and drinking and cold air blowing on my face and a lasts a few minutes at a time. Its been relieved after a couple of weeks taking carbamazepine gradually increasing to 600mg has made a difference and i can finally take hold of my experience and start some research

On reading about this condition a common feature is a trigger point on the face , or a trigger by light touch. I dont have a trigger point on my face. i do have sensivitity on the inside of my face . Also light touch doesnt trigger. Ie lightly stroking my face.

im questioning my diagnosis ???

My dental health is good confirmed by my dentist. I also have cleareness from ENT.

Should i be questioning my diagnosis?

Much appreciate your experience

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I really hope your procedure works 🤞. I still have wiggle room with the medication and I am hoping that it helps to reduce the amount of attacks. It's been bad these last few days, have a viral sinus infection with laryngitis and pharyngitis which set it off. Luckily I only had the weak and feebles and not the migraine pain afterwards so haven't had any further TN, yet 🤞. It really is a B'stard.

Good luck with everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.