Newly diagnosed. Questions for other with this

Posted , 2 users are following.

rheumatologist diagnosed me with AS based off of changes to xray results as well as symptoms. (however all blood tests were negative). was started on humira pen injection. (first shot was only 5 days ago).

Not sure how long till humira will kick in. wondering how long it took it to kick in for those if you using humira.

i have tingling in fingers and a slight tremor to both hands. has anyone experienced this? could it be inflammation on the inside of body causing this. nothing looks inflammed on outside.

also a lot of pain seems to stem from an area in my shoulder / neck muscle wondering if trigger point injections might help that or chiropractor adjustment? (has anyone tried this).

last question , my fingertips on several fingers are split like you see in the winter for dried out hands but its summer now and hands arent dried out. skin is just splitting and peeling . does anyone experience this or maybe its something else? thanks for any feedback.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Joe, I was just dx'ed yesterday based on ESR, X-rays, MRI and symptoms. It came as a total shock to me. In fact while I was waiting for my Rhuemy I was reading the signs on the office walls about RA and AS and thinking thank God I don't have those!!! You just never know I guess. My Rheumy wants to start me on Humira also because I also have Hidradenitis Supparativa which has been linked. I think it is because my body produces too much TNF??? I don't know if I want the Humira as all I hear about is bad side effects. I hope you keep us posted on how it works for you. My Dr. told me it can take up to 3-5 months to truly work if that helps you at all. I also get some neck pain but not much. It is more my ribcage and breastbone and my ankles. Having auto immunes can be confusing! I also have Sjogren's which is leading to all kinds of neuropathy. I heard if you have one autoimmune you are likely to get others which seems true in my case. How about you? Oh, also I do not get split finger tips but my heels are so bad they crack. I hope I was able to help you a little bit and sorry I couldn;t answer all your questions. Please reach out to me if you would like to talk more as we are both newbies 😃. Take care and wishing you a pain free day!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.