Newly diagnosed with CRPS after ankle surgery help !

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, does anyone have this and could share how to overcome this. Complex  Neurological Pain Syndrome

i was just diagnosed with early CRPS in my ankle after severe trauma and ankle surgery.

a support group for this would be so helpful ! 

thank you so much!!? 

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

FYI. I had a painful EMG on both legs and feet. I heard the results today. NOTHING WRONG!! This is an endless cycle. I have Crps and Perifial Neuropathy. Today I just have Crps. Solo I can't walk. I cant wear socks ( winter is coming) I fall everyday. I could go on. I had my hope trashed in the garbage today!!

• Posted

Get socks with bamboo fabric !! They are a life saver for me. Seriously.  Very cheap on line.  

I also had those tests and I will never let anyway do it again. 

• Posted

Thanks. I will look for them. This whole thing has sucked since 2015. Ugh!!!
    • Posted

Did you use oral or lotion ? 

My neurology in Colorado recommended 

I was just wondering. 

Thank you so much! 

• Posted

I keep trying socks. My sock therapy 

I leave on each day longer and longer and advance the texture

Soft to ski socks 

I am not up to ski socks

I really liked a pair called medipeds from Walmart 

They have been awesome and help with neuropathy. 

Blessings and prayers your way, 

• Posted

Mirror therapy is where you place a mirror between your affected side and good side. The mirror faces the good side and when you move your unaffected extremity you see the mirror as a reflection of being your affected side as healthy like your good side..

It works well for me. I even get more movement in my ankle looking at the mirror reflection of my good ankle.

My Pt taught me. It helps me!snd trucks me into thinking my affected ankle is healed.

I hope I explained well enough.

Kindest regards and prayers for your healing

Colleen 

• Posted

Did you really order?  It's legal in Wi now. I will talk to mynew pain dr first before I order. 

• Posted

As Brenda said CBD oil. A friend of mine has very advanced Parkinsons and it had got to the stage where he is shaking really badly and cannot swallow. 5 minutes after a drop under the tongue he was almost still and so relaxed he could swallow again.

I have my new drops but I also have a few severe allergies, processed apples is one for goodness sake, so am plucking up courage to dose myself , with epi-pen in hand. I just keep telling myself that surely a natural substance is much better than these chemically made up drugs. But then again most of the deadliest poisons grow in the garden.

I have found that after taking advice here I can brush my leg with a powder brush for about 3 seconds, hurts like illywilly but after a week or so I am not scared so much of trying. I have the spray on oils but have started trying to touch my leg to pat them in.

Still have no idea why CRPS starts or what the medics agree on.

• Posted

I answered afew days ago, still being moderated lol

• Posted

Hello.

The "experts" have no idea what CRPS is, what causes it, how to treat it. It is frustrating.

Are you in the USA or Britain?

There are Neridronate trials about to take place in cities across the USA.

Neridronate has had great success in treating CRPS in Italy.

I hope you try the CBD oil. But, I understand your trepidation. I have food and mediation allergies too.

I hope the CBD works for you, without any problems.

Take care.

Tracy

• Posted

Colleen I realy hope you feel better soon.

What is mirror therapy ?. x

• Posted

Just looked at mirror therapy, I think it could work, but it is not for me at the moment. I feel like a fat walrus and do not want to look at myself. Put on so much weight since my accident. I used to walk a good few miles a day with my Hungarian Vizsla, now I can walk I just am scared of falling again so only walk a little, my hubby stopped work to look after me and the dog. I think my fear is taking over my life, the pain in my leg is so bad it is starting to take over my life. I am now looking at advice here and brushing my leg with my blusher brush, sheeeesh, it hurts but I am still making the effort 3or 4 times a day.

It can only get better... right.............?

• Posted

Hi.

Mine did get better. It took about a year and a few months of trial and error. But it is better. No pain above a five for a year now. My pain was an 8 and above for a year.

Now my pain is mostly about a 2. Sometimes a little higher, sometimes no pain just a weird numbness.

Not a lot of discoloration anymore. Sometimes my foot will burn hot and turn pink, like right now. It is more like a warm stinging pain. Had BBQ sauce at supper and spicy food makes it act up. But not horrible pain just stingy & warm.

I don't get swelling too often anymore. Only when I have been on my feet a while.

The spasms have stopped except for a couple of weeks this month a toe would twitch now & again.

It is a lot better than it was, that is for sure! I can deal with what I have now. I am walking again after a year on crutches. I can go shopping, do my housework, walk outside to feed my kitties.

I am grateful.

I hope you find relief soon!

Gentle hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.