Newly diagnosed with genital herpes.. extreme itching at night!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

i wanted to come on here and share my experience as i have had to dig deep to find out more about the symptoms of this virus and I want to help anyone who experiences this horrible pain in the future and let you know you are not alone! my main concern was the constant burning itch at night time! thank god i found someone who experienced similar to me as i thought i was going crazy thinking i had worms every night which ive learnt now is just one of the extra awful symptoms of herpes.

it all started off with what i was told is a bartholin cyst. i didnt think anymore of it apart from the fact that i had Annoyingly got a cyst down below. The Dr prescribed me with a weeks course of amoxicillin. It then started to affect my daily life. The urination retention was the worst of it all! I got quickly sent into hospital as it stung sooo much to pee and my body couldn’t bring myself to pass urine (I went a whole 24hrs without passing urine). The gynaecologist examined me and said it’s just a bartholin cyst and gave me some instillagel to temporarily numb the area for everytime I needed to pee (thank the lord for this gel!) if anyone is struggling with urination retention I strongly recommend getting prescribed this anaesthetic. it stang so much putting it on I dreaded every time I needed to go, it was a chore!

I started to notice a small bump nearer my anus and thought oh for god sakes what next? It then started to hurt doing a number 2 not to mention the awful burning stingy itch around my anus at night time. I avoided going to the doctors about this as I was convinced I had worms the itching was that bad but not once did I ever find one after nights and nights of looking until I discovered that I had genital herpes. It didn’t even cross my mind that I could have an STD but there we go a trip to the doctors as I couldn’t cope with the pain at night time resulted in me finding out I have this life long virus. I mentioned the night time symptoms to the Dr and she just said it’s probably because my mind isn’t distracted at night time so I’m feeling it a lot worse which I later again discovered that other people have experienced this itch and it is all to do with the nerve endings but there is very little info on it out there. I am now 3 weeks in since I first found the cyst and 4 days into being diagnosed with genital herpes. I have been constantly having Epsom salt baths to help soothe down below.

Since being diagnosed I have been taking aciclovir tablets 3 x a day and am due to finish my course tomorrow. The cyst is now the smallest it has been and I am slowly starting to get some sleep although I still dread the night time. I have started taking antihistamines (allevia) the past 2 days and I believe this is somewhat helping the itch but boy it is still there. I am still unaware of how I got the cyst but the dr believes it is all linked to HSV2.

I forgot to mention they found e. Coli in the cyst. I am still none the wiser on how it’s all linked it may not even be linked at all but it’s a crazy ass coincidence! I have lost 3 weeks of my life and I am almost starting to feel a bit of normality creeping in. The next hurdle is dealing with the mental trauma of learning I have HSV2 for the rest of my life, I’m guessing that will hit me more when all this pain disappears. I just want to say if anyone is experiencing this I promise you it will get better, it’s just an awfully painful rollercoaster. Sending lots of love to anyone who has or is experiencing the same.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.