Newly diagnosed with GORD and worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been feeling nausea and what i thought was painful heartburn for a few weeks now, stomach pain was also affecting me. My diet hasn't been the best recently so i attributed it to that but after trying to eat better the symptoms continued, so much so i feel sick after every meal, if i don't eat then i still get stomach pain and feel hungry!

Its starting to affect my mood so i went to the doctors who have diagnosed me with the G O R D, which is all very scary. I have been put on tablets but i want to know if the sick feeling after i eat will get better! the thought of going through Christmas feeling like this makes me want to cry!! Any advice or guidance would be great??

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I was diagnosed worth GORD about 10 years ago. I watch what I eat and drink in addition to taking medicine. You will learn by trial and error what the triggers are. Don't be scared. It is extraordinarily common. Stop worrying and enjoy Christmas. Your medication will take a few days to "kick in".

• Posted

Hallo Ross ...so.sorry you are feeling unwell..please believe me when i tell you i.know how you feel...having suffered so.many years with hiatus hernia..and Gord.....so.know exactly the misery it brings....so.know how you will.be feeling....it is a very miserable problem....and makes you feel wretched.....i.hope your Dr has gjven you, medication to.help.with the reflux problem....which is unpleasant....causing heart burn....the medication you will.have to.take daily....to.try control the symptoms... Which are very unpleasant......you need to find a good little diet book about Gord....which tells you the kind of diet you need to have....to.keep the symtoms.........if you go.on to Amazon....Kindle books....and put in ....Diet for the problems of Gord....

. You will.get some decent books up..which you will get help.and information....and if you get a kindle book.it can be loaded on to.your tablet or Pc...and they are not expensive.....but will.help.you to.know which foods are best to.eat...to.keep.the problem down.....tells you the bad foods...and the good ones......i have had it for years...and an hiatus hernia..... But i.still.get flare ups...now and then....sorry but it never goes away completly....but if you eat a good diet....and take your medication....its not thereall the time

e.....try to.take things a bit easy..rest after eating......and try to.keep.calm..because if you get upset....it kicks in.......so.keeping stress down..and resting..can help.a lot....main thing...get a book which will.tell you foods to.eat......and those which are bad for you...because it helps to.keep.the problem down......and taking your medication after food will.help.. Dr will put you on something to.help......its not nice....but can be controlled.....but if you feel it coming on always rest.......till passes.....it responds quicker.....dont worry if you do all the right things...it will.not be all the time.... Take care......correspond again if you need to.talk........Shirley

• Posted

Hallo Ross ...so.sorry you are feeling unwell..please believe me when i tell you i.know how you feel...having suffered so.many years with hiatus hernia..and Gord.....so.know exactly the misery it brings....so.know how you will.be feeling....it is a very miserable problem....and makes you feel wretched.....i.hope your Dr has gjven you, medication to.help.with the reflux problem....which is unpleasant....causing heart burn....the medication you will.have to.take daily....to.try control the symptoms... Which are very unpleasant......you need to find a good little diet book about Gord....which tells you the kind of diet you need to have....to.keep the symtoms.........if you go.on to Amazon....Kindle books....and put in ....Diet for the problems of Gord....

. You will.get some decent books up..which you will get help.and information....and if you get a kindle book.it can be loaded on to.your tablet or Pc...and they are not expensive.....but will.help.you to.know which foods are best to.eat...to.keep.the problem down.....tells you the bad foods...and the good ones......i have had it for years...and an hiatus hernia..... But i.still.get flare ups...now and then....sorry but it never goes away completly....but if you eat a good diet....and take your medication....its not thereall the time

e.....try to.take things a bit easy..rest after eating......and try to.keep.calm..because if you get upset....it kicks in.......so.keeping stress down..and resting..can help.a lot....main thing...get a book which will.tell you foods to.eat......and those which are bad for you...because it helps to.keep.the problem down......and taking your medication after food will.help.. Dr will put you on something to.help......its not nice....but can be controlled.....but if you feel it coming on always rest.......till passes.....it responds quicker.....dont worry if you do all the right things...it will.not be all the time.... Take care......correspond again if you need to.talk........Shirley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.