Newly diagnosed with hypothyroidism

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone i am writting to check whether or not i am being treated correctly. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism by my doctor. The test i took were tsh which scored 25 and the range was 0.4 to 4. My thyroid antibodies were 1300 and i believe anything over 60 is high. My doctor put me on Synthroid 25mg which is the lowest dose. I am 32 years old male, i weigh around 83kg and my height is 171cm. My question is do you think this is the right dose to start with? I am asking because my doctors booked me for a blood test 3 months from now, and i don't want to wait that long just to find out that this dose is very low.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! They usually start your dose from lowest and up it slowelly. By the way, when I was first diagnosed, my TSH was 484 ,with the norm 0-5,and the Dr. still put me on the lowest dose Levothyroxin 50mg.

I hope you feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.