Newly diagnosed with Ovarian Cysts

Posted , 3 users are following.

i went to the doctors because id been having pain, bloating and mid cycle bleeding... had a scan and i've been diagnosed with a simple avascular cyst on the right ovary. The ovary measures 11cc... - and on the left is an anechoic avascular cyst containing multiple thin septa, that ovary is 4.9cc.... Any ideas?

seeing the gyne in 3 weeks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. i don't understand your measurements saying 'cc' do you mean centimeter?

what is it your asking in your question?

Ive been recently diagnosed with an ovarian cyst too my symptoms were also bloating, enlarged tummy thought i was getting fat. my ultrasound showed a cyst measuring 15cm im not sure what type they didnt say but she did say it was fluid filled so guessing thats a simple cyst.

i saw the gynae consultant within 2 weeks who confirmed it all and advised i will need surgery to remove it, along with the ovary and fallopian tube. my surgery is scheduled for 25th february x

• Posted

CC is the volume...

I've searched on the internet about what kind cysts they are and i cant find much about the second one.

• Posted

no me neither vascular means blood vessels, veins, arteries. Avascular is lack of...

god knows what thats means in terms of a cyst.

keep us notifed. good luck

• Posted

i was told if the cysts is over 9 cm that they will have to remove it that is why i had mine removed cause it was growing bigger

• Posted

how did they remove your stracey 35500? laproscopic or open?

im due to have a 15cm cyst removed along with ovary and fallopian tube im anxious they open me up

• Posted

i had three small incesion i had the same thing done my ovary and tube

• Posted

ok thank you thats handy to know. A lot i read says larger ones are cuts but it doesnt give a size hopefully they can do mine that was im worried about such a long recovery period. What size was your cyst x

• Posted

that i don't remember but it was enlarging the last time they had checked it before i got the operation it was about 11cm i hope everything goes well cause i am going through it again i have my right side bothering me now and i have another cyst on it so i am going through it again i have a knot on my side

• Posted

oh gosh. well i wish you well. mine is the right side - surgery in 3 weeks x

• Posted

mine is the right side too the other side is gone i had that one done in april of last year i go to the doctors on tuesday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.