newly diagnosed with svt. what can I expect?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've just been diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia and have taken my first Bisoprolol 2.5 today.

I'd like to stay in touch to compare notes as I've heard the two week phase of getting used to this drug can be tricky.

Im.61, generally fit, but suffer from insomnia and have a pulsating tinnitus.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support in advance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi LadyDen,  I also have SVT but only take beta blockers - in my case Propanalol - when I get an attack.  I am wondering whether ablation was considered in your case before permanent medication was prescribed.  I had an attempted ablation a few months ago but they failed to trigger my symptoms during the procedure.  They are having another attempt in a few months time, which i'm hoping willl be successful this time as I would prefer not to be on medication for the rest of my life.  Wishing you luck with your Bisoprolol.
  • Posted

I take it regularly and find the only regular problem is that I sometimes feel dizzy when I first stand up,but when I start walking it goes off immediately
  • Posted

Hi

I'm on 1.25mg of bisoprolol and am absolutely fine. I did go up to 2.5mg but didn't feel so great. My heart rate was quite slow and I felt exhausted.

Good luck with it smile

• Posted

im 61 and 5 year ago i was put on them worked for so long but last june had abalation never looked back since then no more attacks 
    • Posted

Hi Anita,

I have just been diagnosed in the last 2-3 weeks. I am taking 2.5 Bisoprolol. I have gone for a console for ablation but need time to make up my mind. Since this just started with me out of the blue, I am struggling with all of this. Not a very pleassant feeling as I am sure you know. Did yours start 5 years ago?. I am 60 years old so am interested in your story. The medication makes me seel like I am in slow motion, and other side effects as well. Not sure whether I want to feel like this for the rest of my life, or suck it up and get the ablation. I find the procedure so scary........I have to stop taking my heart rate so many times in a day .Appreciate your thoughts

• Posted

i was the same has you so scary to even think about abalation but having my heart stop and started again in a&e you just wonder if you can carry on like this i admit i cancel one op because i was frighten but believe me there is nothing to it they sedate you i went in at 9 in the morning and i was home for 4 the same day i rested for 2 days and i was fine you can be put to sleep but did'nt want to stay over night  i think it worth having op good luck hope this helps
    • Posted

Were you free of medication after the ablation, and have you had any issues with tachycardia since your ablation? I feel like a walking time bomb waiting for another issue.....Not nice.
    • Posted

yes im off medication i still get the feeling its going to start racing again but it never does so i hope that helps you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.