News about HRT this morning

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello. Here we go again. Now they are saying that HRT isn't bad for you. What is going on. A Dr was the news this morning saying its up to you and your Dr to work it out. Did anyone else here this good news or is it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have read about it as well. I've just finished weaning myself off HRT because my GP wasn't happy about prescribing it anymore and I was sick of the constant battles. It will be interesting to see if GP's will agree with this new research.
  • Posted

My doctor said it increases your chances of getting breast cancer by 1%.  That it increased the risk of heart disease in women that are giving HRT prior to menopause, because the older you are the more plaque naturally builds in your arteries.  If you are prescribed HRT early on 40's and 50's and it benfits your quality of life there is no reason for you not to take it.  The Women's Initiative Study that discounted the benefits did so with women who were already past their 40's and 50's.  So it is up to you and your doctor to decide if taking HRT has more benefits than risks considering your personal health history.  I have been taking it since my late 40's and am 59 now.... I started weaning down to every other day April.  So far I feel fine, if I decide to reduce it further it will be in January after the holidays.  For me it takes several months to notice how much of an affect, if any it will have on me.  So I will go slow and see.  If I find I am not feeling well, back up I go!!!  Good Luck to you!
  • Posted

Did u do the bioidentical HRT? If so did u have any gall bladder issues?
  • Posted

i am appalled that they can change their minds after us women have been put through hell trying to get off h.r.t

i never know what to beleive when these articles come to light.

i got off h.r.t from weaning off.

do any doctors tell you to do half tablet  for a while -then quarter for a while and so on-

no no no they just say you must come off it and offer no alternative

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.