News at 10 tonight Wed 28th Feb

Posted , 4 users are following.

Did anyone see the news at 10 tonight on ITV.

A segment on cannabis oil for a young lad with severe epilepsy, apparently taking over 20 seizures a day and after taking the oil which at the moment is banned in this country the little chap didnt have a seizure in 27 days so good luck to him and his family and if they get the doseage right for him hopefully his quality of life will be greatly improved. My reason for bringing this to whoever reads this posts attention is the pain killing qualities the cannabis oil posseses. This being a predominantly RA posting forum i feel sure all who read this will agree the pain is awful. We all need to stand as one and have our voices heard together instead of going to our respective doctors and more often than not coming away frustrated and disappointed. Im not blaming the doctors or the consultants as they have their constraints around which they have to work but individually its hard to be heard but as a group we have more of a chance. To get rid of or have pain eased isnt a lot to ask for and if that happened we could be more productive and put back into society. LETS STAND TOGETHER AND BE HEARD. They are starting to test this oil, they need to xo it quickly. Its legal and available in Netherlands, USA and probably other countries that i dont as yet know about.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i never saw that gaz am willing to try anything mate gettin now been on 3 biologic drugs on a new one just now oral form was working at first but back in pain again as ever..how does that oil stuff work am sure i saw something on fb aboot that but never read anything about it i dont smoke but often thought taking stuff to relax u thats how bad i feel sick of it all now had RA going on just 6 yrs now its taking its toll on me i know theres folk out there lived with it far longer 👍👍

• Posted

Now then Bob

Thanks for your reply. I'm not allowed to say the name of the oil on here as like i say its not legal in UK

I'm sure you can guess name whem i say it starts with the letter C and some ppl do smoke it.

Anyways my nephew is looking into it for me as he's better on internet than me.

I,m 60 Bob and ive had RA for 17 yrs, 13 of them ive been on humira injections (self administered) one every 2 weeks and 12.5mgs of methotrexate weekly and one anti inflammatory every 2 days. I have blood tests every month and the results are allways good but the pain is allways there the severity differs on a daily basis but to be honest im allways sore. I take codeine and paracetemol in quite big amounts. It helps but not good for stomach or weight gain. Anyways mate when i know more i will let you know as i am definately gonna try it. Thanks and stay well

• Posted

cheers gaz know wot ur sayin pal u have had RA for alot of yrs buddy am on mtx also have been few yrs now am on 10 tablets a week also get bloods every month started a new oral drug just on the market since last september Barictinib it kicked in right away i felt like RA had left my body no such luck back to pain thought this was the one as well i will stick with it until i see RA doc next week ok gaz let me know how u go mate all the best we just have to keep on keeping on gaz ..a line from a van morrison tune i love van 😁😁🎵🎶🎶 cheers gaz ..take care mate 👍👍

• Posted

Hi, I think Cannabis should be legalised for health conditions, ie "Medical Marijuana" I mentioned it once to my GP he said he could make no comment on the issue or he could be in trouble, I said I bought some CBD oil, I can't really say whether it made any difference inflammation or pain, I've got a feeling CBD oil needs to be in combination with THC, maybe I'm wrong just an opinion.

• Posted

Hi Gaz,I really don't understand the resistance to using cannabis for medicinal purposes. Good grief we've been using diamorphine long enough. I have seriously wanted to chop my hand off and more when the pain has been at it's worst. Thankfully, I'm fairly well controlled at the moment on Benepali and steroids (for the damage to my lungs caused by Methotrexate no less!) Definitely more research needed but sadly I feel, not 'high profile' enough. ?Carol

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply Carol

Am really looking into this and wont rest until firstly and perhaps selfishly i source some for my own use as am getting desperate and really feel the need for more hollistic painkilling meds. And then secondly but probably more importantly attempting to get us all together as one voice to fight for this ONE VOICE has a ring to it and its a good starting and rallying point.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.