News on leg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ,Spoke last week about my knee giving way  and very swollen,after having metal work and new knee put in.

​Well saw the consultant on Saturday and was mitted straight away as have leg infection.Put on a drip every 12 hrs with antibiotics.

​Five weeks on from op have now got to start again with execise and trying to walk,but most of the time I have to just elevate  my leg.Roll on summer.Pam

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry about your infection.  I had to take shots after my first replacement (Lovoknox) I am sure hoping I don't have to do them this time.  The info I read said not to after back surgery (2 rods, 6 screws and then bone cement in 2 places), so I am praying I don't have to.  Take a shot to help my sugar anyway, so  don't want any more if  I don't have to.
  • Posted

Good to hear that you went in to see about things! Nipping the infection as soon as possible is important.

Be sure to get as much sleep as you can. The body heals as we sleep! Drinking plenty of water will help the antibiotics rid the body of toxins, too.

Sending you prayers of strength and healing today!

• Posted

Hi Pam

Sorry to hear that, but glad that it's been identified and that action was taken swiftly.

Take care and keep positive (I know it's hard).

Patsy

• Posted

Ouch you poor thing.  Elevate as much as you can.  The very best of luck for your continuing recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.