nexplanon implant and fertility after its removed.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ok. I'm absolutely terrified. I was on the nexplanon implant from January 10, 2013 until October 3, 2014. It is now the end of April and the only cycle I've had was forced by my Obgyn. My fiancé and I have been quite careless in having sex because we are going to get married and we want kids. We dont care if I get pregnant before or after. But it hasn't happened. And I'm still not having my cycle. I've heard of women being infertile and having problems after the nexplanon. I also gained weight on the implant, and I'm having a very hard time losing it. My main concern for the moment is my fertility. But I want to get back down to 120 lbs too. HELP ME! I'M DESPERATE!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It is massively frustrating though, not knowing what you body is doing, and not knowing if/when you're ovulating etc. Though, company claims return of fertility as early as 3 weeks after implant is removed, many women don’t find this otherwise. However, you seem to be having definitely weird schedule of periods.  It is also important to remember, that you may get pregnant, even before you get your period, so keep taking pregnancy tests, especially if you’re sexually active. Weight loss and fertility go hand in hand. Even little weight loss can change your odds dramatically.

Has your doctor ever performed scan for your ovaries? Weight gain, irregular periods also indicates PCOS, though this is just a possibility, I am not a doctor but based on my little knowledge, I would suggest you to meet an expert who can guide you properly before it’s too late. You'll need to talk to your doctor about this.

• Posted

Its actually interesting.... I started my cycle around six in the evening yesterday. I'm cramping super bad, which was the normality before the birth control but its extremely heavy, like just dripping out when I sit on the toilet, but I have no aspirin in my system so idk what's up with that. My stomach is really bad upset and I have really really bad and painful gas. And I don't want to move.... Lol otherwise I'm ok... I think
  • Posted

Hi my nexplanon implant was up on 10th of August 2016 had it actually removed 13th of September 2016 with no bleeding would like to know other people's experiences of when to expect menstrual period as not seen anything checked with pregnancy test n there negative plus ovulation test is not showing up anything would be happy now just to have a menstrual after having inplant in for soo long xx

• Posted

Hi debra43777, i had my implanon removed nov 9 2016 after having it in for 2.5 years. I still haven't had a cycle yet. I had one in july, aug, and sept but not oct and doesnt look like nov either. All pregnancy test are negative as well and so are the ovulation test.

• Posted

I just got my birth control removed 3 months ago, and the exact day I got it out I started my period. The doctor who took my birth control out informed me that most women are infertile for 6 months to 1 year. I also read that you can become fertile as soon as it's removed. I'm not sure which is right, everyone's body works differently.

• Posted

I got Nexplanon in February 2017 and just had it removed the 6th of October so like 8 months.. me and my husband want another baby and we have been trying everyday since the 6th.. sorry if tmi. But the last few days my breasts have hurt, Ive had gas, I’m moody, and cramps. I had light spotting like last week sometime... I’ve taken two pregnancy tests but they both have came back negative.. sad I want to be pregnant already so bad I’m going insane thinking about it!! Does anybody know what’s going on? I keep saying it just my period coming but makes me wonder. 
    • Posted

With my first son I had implanon taken out and within three days I got pregnant when the doctor measured him on ultrasound... 
    • Posted

Hello destinee , did you have a period after your removal ? I know it’s seem like tmi but I was wondering because I had mine removed around the same time and I have not received a period yet and I’m wondering if it’s possible I could be pregnant with out having a period 
    • Posted

I am in a very similar situation. I had my implant in for 9yrs (3 implants) decided we would love another baby so had it removed. I had a full proper period (sorry I don’t know what all the abbreviations are or mean) for 4 days like I used to.......used ovulation test trips the entire month but they produced a feint line but nothing like it should be......had unprotected sex every other day for almost three weeks and due on this Sunday. I have so many ‘early pregnancy symptoms’ it’s unreal but negative test results. I’ve read in other groups you’re in fertile for periods of time, then some say they caught before a period and I’m just ready for a breakdown over it. I am now in my late 30’s (just) so that won’t help either I just feel helpless as there’s no definitive answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.