Nexplanon issues?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

coming up to three years ago I had the Nexplanon implant fitted and until now it has being amazing ... no periods or side effects. But recently I have been feeling really grotty, with awful oily skin and acne, anxiety, irregular bleeding, ibs smptoms, headaches etc. Does anyone know if this could be because my implant is running out and I am having hormonal changes? Anyone had any similar experiences?

Holly

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, 

all of your symptoms sound just like the ones i have. 

only diffrence is, is that i have had mine from the start. i have it it for two years nearly, think its time i remove it, its getting me down!! 

Daisy 

• Posted

I have loved the impact since getting it in early August of 2016. Period every 5-6 weeks, sometimes lasting two weeks, but no pain, cramps, PMS. However, beginning February, I spotted/bled lightly for a month and a half. There was a smell almost the whole time, which got HORRIBLE once the bled started turning brown sometimes. Then it turned black and my discharge smelled like sh*t. I ended up going to ER/clinic because I thought I might have infection. I didn't, negative for all infections and STDs. Then a few days ago I saw the discharge/spotting and now I'm smelling again.

I could deal if not for the smell... It's horrifying and I'm going on vacation with a friend in 2 days! My insurance takes days to authorize the removal of the implant, so I can't get it taken out right now. Anyone know anything I can do? At least to fix the smell...

• Posted

dont they need changing every 3 years? visit the gp and ask when it needs to be replaced. the symptoms seem to be hormonal and its pretty normal to have those side effects just take ibroprofen/paracetomol and buy some acne face gel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.