Nexplanon possibly causes Yeast Infections (or even B.V?)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I’d like to know if any females that have the Nexplanon have noticed a major increase of itchiness, swollen, redness around the opening of their vagina? I went to the doctor yesterday and she did an external and internal look. My inside looked completely normal and the outside was a bit inflamed and looked like the beginning of a yeast infection. I’ve had a yeast infection in the past, I can’t recall how long it took to get over but this one I was scared a bit for- because I’m sexually active with my significant other. I did get an std test just to be sure if I don’t have anything. 

Anyways, I just would like to know if any females have noticed any differences in their lady area since they had the bar. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The bar is a hormonal birth control which like most bc can mess with your gut balance. I can recommend probiotics (high dose to start) as a way to help balance this out. As I had a similar problem on the pill. Gut health plays a big role in vaginal health etc. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.