Nexplanon review

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think if you are going to used a contraceptive ,you shoud learn the side effects that it has. I have the nexplanon for 6 months. For the first month everything was normal nothing unusual. My period came for a month and a half. Bad I change 6 times a day. Pain in my lower back like if I was in labor. My hair was falling alot but alot. I start taking iron pills with vitamin c.Then to much anxiety when I got to a point were I couldn't handle the smell of nail polish. Always angry at everything but specially at my husband. Sex was horrible I felt like the horrible sacrifice I need to do. My hormones were out of place. I gain 30 pounds. I try exercise but nothing work. Acne was everwhere worst than a teenager. The most horrible thing that really cause me to said thats it was brest pain for three months. The doctor said that this has to much estrogen which my body couldn't handle. I didn't read that this could cause fibrosis in breast that could lead to cancer. Right now I am having it off thank god. I am going back on November for extra exams in my breast hopping that I didn't cause nothing bad. The only good thing was I didn't have my period for three months. Please read the small letter s and get inform before you try it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Honey, everything you are saying happened too only not my breasts, it was my ovaries!  I litterally had mine removed on October 2, 2015 and within 3 days my energy levels went way up and i got mojo back!  meaning i wanted to sex again...my poor boyfriend.  I didn't Nexplanon until i went in for shooting pain in my ovary, which turned out to be a cyst that burst.  I then started to put together the things that had gone wrong physically with since i'd had it put in...and in MY opinion it was directly related.  Doctors always try to tell you things like that can be unrelated to your birth control and unrelated, but it's YOU who knows your body better than anyone.  For me it WAS NOT normal, I feel sooo much better now that it's OUT!  Just this past weekend my boyfriend told me how glad he was that i'd gotten it removed, i didn't want to be touched before and i've always been a cuddler. 
  • Posted

Hi,

Is Nexplanon the implant?  I was going to look into having the implant fitted as I need go on some form of contraception soon.  Thanks for saying abou the side effects, so you did bleed alot after starting it and mad mood swings?  I heard that it stopped your periods?

Thank you.

• Posted

It is an implant in your arm...you need only change it every 3 years.  I've heard most people bleed alot on it at first, i myself did not.  I stopped having periods.  The thing is though, the same thing happend when I was on the SHOT.  It's the same type of horomone...Progesterone.  I think personally my body does better on estrogen based birth controls like the pill.  I did have mood swings but i didn't realize at first it was related to birth control, like i said before it took 6 months to and a burst cyst on my ovary before i really took a look at the symptoms i'd be experiencing.  Mood swings, not wanting to be touched, no sexual appetite whatsoever...and i gained 20 lbs.  Been off since october and i've slowly but surely started losing weight and my libido is back.

• Posted

Hi,

Many thanks for getting back to me.  So you only stayed on the implant for 6 months.  I am really unsure what to do as I need to go on something, I was on the pill for 12 years but came off that in March this year for a break and now because I am 36 I cannot go back on it.  I don't want the SHOT as I have heard that can put weight on and it can stay in your system for up to 12-18 months.  I was something that will get my fertility back to normal as soon as I come off it and have been told that is either the implant or the mini pill and I don't really like take any type of tablets.  Have you tried anything else since?   I don't like the sound of losing my libido!  Thank you again. Amanda.

• Posted

well the arm implant is very close to the shot as far horomones go.  I've never heard of mini pills, but i would go with that.  Reason being is, that any implant whether it be IUD or subcutaneous (arm), will require a doctor to remove should there be any complications, where as pills you can simply stop taking them and move on...when i was young i enjoyed the patch as easy method.  I don't know the complications for it these days though.
    • Posted

Hi,

Many thanks for getting back to me again. The thing is I don't want to take any tablets due an acid reflux problem that I also have.  I have a consultation with a family planning doctor on Friday morning so will discuss my options then.  What will you go on now or will you have a break?

• Posted

i'm back on the pill.  Talk about the patch, that could be good for you.
    • Posted

I will do.  Many thanks for your help.  Hope that it all does well for you.  Amanda.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.